Sign in to follow this  
pippaps

The Joys and Crashes of WHF

Spoiler Alert: If you haven't played through the entire game, do not continue.

Where to begin? I love so many things about this game, yet I feel so let down. The twists and turns in the storyline had me hooked but it all unraveled at the end. 

The style of the game initially peaked my curiosity. Despite some glitches, I still found it quite enjoyable. 

When Arthur first encounters Sally in the game, he's kind of an ass. It's later revealed that she slept with his father, which shines light on his ill behavior, even though it's still unbecoming of our beloved protagonist. 

Fast forward to Sally in Act II and we find out that she was actually sexually abused by Arthur's father. She had nowhere else to go and acknowledged how much Arthur adored his father, choosing to remain silent and not shatter their relationship.. 

I went from thinking she was a slut to feeling sorry for her and wanting a redemptive arc. I played through the rest of the game hoping that the truth would be revealed to Arthur (about his dad) and those two could have a happy ending. 

What I got was an ending that only punctuated the message that was clear from the beginning of the game. 

To the developers, 

Allow people closure and happy endings in the story. Not all stories have happy endings games should but because 1) Real life is for crappy endings.. and 2) We earned it through countless hours of gameplay. 

Act III should have been a character that (in a subplot along with broadcasting the truth) discovered the truth about Arthur's father and revealed the hard facts that Sally refused to, allowing Arthur to come to terms with the past and have a happy ending with Sally. 

Aside from that, I wouldn't change anything. You are all talented game designers and excellent story tellers. Thank you for your time and effort and I look forward to what you create next. 

We are constantly concentrating on giving the ideal solutions to all our customer. Spend in buy YouTube suches as India as well as acquire YouTube remarks India to remain in advance of your rival as well as be a leader in your particular niche.  buy youtube views india

On 5/12/2020 at 1:05 AM, pippaps said:

Aside from that, I wouldn't change anything. You are all talented game designers and excellent story tellers. Thank you for your time and effort and I look forward to what you create next. 

Indeed, i do agree that they are all super talented game designers with amazing stories, there are a few things that i would change, however, there's nothing essential.

yet, i do understand that this is not possible, taken in consideration that we're so many players, changing everything each of us would want wouln't make the game so special.