Sign in to follow this  
Naila

Markable Maps

Hello!

Some of you mentioned you would like to see markable maps. If you could give us more details on this, we would greatly appreciate it.

It is not 100% sure that we will implement it, but we would like to toy with the idea :)

Well, for me, when I find a house with a locker but I have to go looking for metal bits to make a lockpick, it can sometimes be hard to find that house again unless I'm paying close attention, so being able to click where i am on the map and leave a mark would be helpful, saving lots of time, hunger, and thirst. Don't want to make the game too easy, but if I had a map I would definitely mark it up.

At least that's what comes to my mind when I read the phrase.

@Wilson , I agree 100%. That would make things much easier. Maybe be able to left click and place different colored markers and then right click again to remove them. (something along those lines) It would also be fantastic if we could have a mini map on our HUD as well. :D

@Frost, do you mean a legend? It's definitely in the works, along with custom markers. I'm on a UI push right now and although other parts of the UI are more pressing, the map is shortly after. We want it to be more reactive so that markers on the map are updated dynamically as you interact with the world and its encounters.

@Camille, ya i meant legend haha. I just have problems using the map and almost completely dont use it besides remembering where a water location.