Sign in to follow this  
Ps3RageGamer

"Preview - The "Testing" branch for previews of future content."

Steam is showing this, but it also says that I have been opted into the "preview" content beta, but I didn't enter a code for it. How do I get access? Why doesn't my game download/show updates in steam, and how do I get the Preview Testing code?

Hello!

You do not need to worry about that branch, the one you are currently on is the right one :)

Everyone is given access to the preview branch, you don't need to enter a code for it. It's not currently used and is the same as the main branch, which is why you're not seeing an update when changing to/from it. But from time to time, we'll push out some more experimental features ahead of time to that branch, with the added disclaimer that it might be unstable. Stick with the main one, unless we announce such an experimental push on the forums and you'd like to try it out.

Just wondering, when will I receive the mentioned updates in the update news posts? I don't see my game updating. Is this due to the fact that it doesn't currently have a store page, and therefore it won't show me that the game is downloading a update?

The Weekly Updates are not the same as Build notes ;)

In the weekly update, you can read what the team has been working during the week, but it doesn't necessarily mean that all of it is implemented immediately into the build. The build notes however, describe exactly what new features will be in the update. We are actually releasing a new update in the middle of this week!