Sign in to follow this  
shmerl

Your games on GOG?

Hi!

I just discovered your studio and your new project (We Happy Few). Do you plan to release your game on GOG? Your game looks very promising, but I'm buying only DRM-free games (mostly on GOG and to lesser extend on Humble Bundle). I don't use Steam and I see that your previous game (Contrast) wasn't released on GOG yet. Were there any problems with doing that?

Also, do you plan to release Linux versions of your games in the future?

Thanks!

@shmerl Hello! Sorry for the delayed reply. I answered this briefly in the other thread, but I'm fully aware of GOG and the drm-free mentality. I'm pretty similar in terms of how I view DRM (ie, that it's ineffective and mostly just a pain in the ass). However, we weren't in control of Contrast distribution on PC, so Contrast on GOG isn't our call.

WHF is a different story. I'm not ready to commit to anything yet, as we're still a long way from release, but I'll be talking to the GOG guys when the time comes.

Linux: I'd like to, yes. That's more complicated, as we haven't yet investigated the amount of work it'll take to get the game running on linux, or continually support linux during development. Generally speaking, the more platforms we have to keep current, the more difficult it is to rapidly iterate on the game, and I want us to focus on that for the time being.

Hope that answers your questions.

@Sam: Thanks, I'm glad to hear that! I hope you'll succeed and will find resources to manage Linux release too :) Good luck with your project.

@reederrabbitt123 Yep, when we look at linux, we'll also be looking at Mac.