Sign in to follow this  
CONNCASEY

Bugs in We Happy Few

Hello Compulsion Games,

As of now I have about 21 hours on We Happy Few and thank you very much for the continuous updates on We Happy Few. I only have a few bugs that I have found while playing We Happy Few that I would like to share below. Please note I realize this game is still in Pre-Alpha and I am attempting to support the game and hope this game becomes very successful. Please also note this may include spoilers.

- There is a bug in the house with the two fuses where the door that requires these two fuses closes after a save is reloaded.

- NPCs are sometimes unable to open and go through unlocked doors.

- NPCs dead bodies stand up after reloading a save.

- NPCs heads and arms appear through closed doors.

- Power Cells Reappear in the Power Cell holder (powering their security system) in homes after reloading a save.

- NPCs sometimes do not move in the middle of street and are not affected by the player or other npcs.

- Buildings that cannot be entered sometimes appear inside other buildings that can be entered causing the player to not be able to walk up the stairs. Trees also appear inside other buildings.

- Doors in some buildings (sometimes) and trees in the first district (always) can be walked through as if they were not there.

- Sometimes unable to open closed doors and instead gives the option to close the door after reloading a save.

- After “beating the game” saves do not reset.

I hope this list assisted in the creation of “We Happy Few” and helps establish a more stable game. If any of these bugs seem confusing I will attempt to clarify them in the comment section below.

Thanks again,

CONNCASEY

A bit concerned this hasn't been responded to in a month, but I wanted to add:

-After jumping and grabbing a hold of a ledge to climb up, was stuck with hands in 'take hold' position and the "Talk" function was disabled. Not sure what fixed it - time or having to take a swing at a downer I wasn't able to greet immediately after jumping up into her bedroom. :o

After jumping and grabbing a hold of a ledge to climb up, was stuck with hands in 'take hold' position and the "Talk" function was disabled. Not sure what fixed it - time or having to take a swing at a downer I wasn't able to greet immediately after jumping up into her bedroom.
:o

Edit: After climbing, I seem to be remaining in the 'crouch' position rather than reverting to standing.

@SecretsofManna I did note those issues in our tracker and thanked @CONNCASEY in a separate thread. I should probably have mentioned it in here though. I'm working on a public Trello board where these known issues will be available.

We do plan to fix and polish the climbing functionality, it started out with only one possible climbing height and our level design has varied a lot since. There are some issues where ledge detection chooses a ledge behind the player rather than in front, with rather jarring results.

Just to clear things up, when you say you were stuck, was it because you were crouching or is that a separate issue? Climbing frequently ending in a crouch is something we're aware of and is part of the aforementioned polish pass.

Just to add to this, we don't respond to every thread but we do read everything. And we do very much appreciate all the feedback, bug reports and suggestions :)

I ran into a bug. Its 9:22 pm 12/19/2016 I was sprinting to the overgrown fountain and clipped a tree and got stuck. By stuck I mean i can't move, also when i crouched I can't un-crouch.

Thanks for the tip @clutzgamer1990

Did you manage to get unstuck?

Saving and reloading the game should fix your issue or you can open the pause menu > Options > Developer Cheats and use ghost or teleport to shelter