Sign in to follow this  
thomascomics

Wastrel Chatter

A place to post the chatter you hear. Perhaps this thread may help us piece things together. I will be posting the chatter I hear and I hope to see what you've heard too.

One of those is actually "Why did you take the vanilla? You know it doesn't work for you. How could you forget that?"

And of course, one of them is the first section of 'London Bridge'.

Oh i've just realized- "My side effects. Well there's a big one we don't mention isn't there?" I forgot to mention last time that one's actually:

"Mind the Side Effects, they said! Well, there's a big one we don't mention, isn't there?"

And "You can't eat the gardenias, you can't eat the petunias" to add new content to the thread.

"Where do they bury them?" is another line that gets me thinking.

Who are "them"? Is it the children you don't see anywhere? Are they talking about the Wellies? So many questions from simple lines of chatter.

@Iris_Lockspur

Considering the devs keep posting pictures of Wastrels burying holes, they're definitely burying something. Who knows?

The Wastrel lines are super cool though. Assuming they remember what the Wastrels don't, it sounds like any story hints we can get will be from those barks.

"I wish I'd been killed in the bombings..."

I feel so bad for the wastels. They've already been cast out and then we come in and have to take what little they do have. Makes me wish there was a non-lethal way to get their stuff. Makes me even sadder when I cut through the Gardens wearing the fancy suit, where run up tp me begging for stuff.

Oh nooo I've never heard that line! D8 Now I'm really sad. I'm usually anti-Wastrel-killing, but I die so quick when I don't hurt them. I also get hella spooked by them constantly and punch them out of fear. >n>

Oh my god so- there's a part in my playthrough from the other night where I put on a fancy suit. I regretted it. I love those Wastrels, but oh my god are they annoying when they're acting like seagulls.

They're like the slightly annoying friend that you have- like, you love them and all, but bless their tiny souls they're not so bright.

Honestly I'm finding WHF is balancing the 'barks that do your nut in' quite well though. There's enough randomization in the lines that it doesn't repeat that much, it's just in situations there are more than two of 'em and then well... you're going to be hearing about how they 'want them to stop screaming, that's all'.

... I think that screaming line just clicked with what it means.

but it's to do with stuff I learnt in confidence.

drat.

Well, the kid thing is obvious at this point especially considering the hangparent's attic in one of the updates. But I'm so happy they don't seem to be shying away from using the element of children in storytelling with dark themes. I find a lot of people shy away from it because 'oh no not the children'

and i'm just sitting here holding onto books like Coraline and movies like Pan's Labyrinth, grinning.