Sign in to follow this  
SurelyExploding

Unable to run game after updating to Win10

Whenever I attempt to launch the game, it immediately crashes and brings up the unreal engine crash report tool. All I get is the little splash screen and a small glimpse at the loading screen, but nothing else afterwards. I have validated my game files, and even reinstalled the entire game, but even with all that I still cannot play the game.

I'd love to believe that this is an issue with windows 10, but since that's recommended for the game and other people are saying that it functions just fine, I feel I might be doing something wrong. Any help would be great, thanks!

Hey @SurelyExploding,

We've had a few reports of the game not launching on Windows 10 recently... Unfortunately, the crash reporter also doesn't send out reports properly on Windows 10, so we're running in a vacuum until we can update the crash reporter. The issue has already been fixed on Epic's end and I'm hoping to send out an update of the crash reporter within the day, so we can at least know what we're dealing with.

In the meantime, if you could follow the manual procedure for crash reports outlined in this thread, I'd appreciate it.

As for fixes you could attempt on your end, I'm afraid all I have is the usual PC troubleshooting steps. Have you tried updating your graphics drivers? Being a relatively new release, the drivers that come with Windows 10 aren't super stable yet. I had to update mine at home, though not for reasons specific to our game.