Sign in to follow this  
Hidude

Holy Wow.

The new trailer just gave me chills all over, just absolutely amazing. It really just sets the mood for everything, in the best way possible. It just makes me so excited for the story-line :D

That trailer, and the news, is fantastic! The ONLY real persistent negative reaction I noted in comments was on that 8.x minute trailer. It portrayed the game as a repetitive killing grind, never got to Hamlyn, no real tension built, just... awful. Is there anyway to replace that? People are remarking the game is all hyped in the trailer and doesn't deliver.

Interesting how the person at the end in the long black coat seems to be wearing a Tyrolean hat with a cord hat band and "brush" on the side.. The heavy coat is similar to a style that the Gestapo favoured with two rows of buttons and a large collar. Which could suggest that he's a German, or at least a Austrian/Bavarian.

Most interestingly, he's wearing a red flower, which in the UK is a symbol of remembrance for the war dead. Why would a German in England remember the war dead..unless a lot of Germans died here? And you've got the rather strange rhyme of "London Bridge has fallen" (Past tense) and locking everyone up. This does seem to suggest that what's left of English society is being kept in a velvet-lined prison to keep them under control. And the Germans who won might be behind it. The lack of food and resources does seem to suggest a country that is being 'managed' like in 1984 where nothing was plentiful unless it was goods made to serve the war and a police state with surveillance technology and dissident containment.

This explains the façade of the town, and everything is on isolated islands linked by bridges. It's a prison camp, and England is probably gone - sacrificed in a pyrrhic outcome to destroy the invaders but the Germans remained in charge of what's left. keeping the large remaining population docile through chemistry.

I love the neat touch with the unexploded V1 bomb in the house. I wonder if that's still viable as a weapon?

@Zenaxa

Yikes yeah you're right about that... I don't think there's any way of removing that now thought... I can understand people's concern in the comments by watching this gameplay video which doesn't show much indeed... I guess that's the risk about having a pre-alpha playable game, and having someone that has no clue about the game post a video, on IGN of all places. I just hope these people that got turned off by that video will give it a second chance and watch a decent video next time! Also, it's not entirely clear that this is a pre-alpha due lack of description/commentary...

@arron

The flower appears to be a red carnation. Do those hold any special historical significance in regard to the war, or is it any red flower that will do?

It also appears to have white spots along its petals-- which are either a result of bad quality or highlighting-- but assuming they're not, it's a sign of a diseased plant. Still pondering over what to make of that.

It's also worth noting that the building we see the Bobbie/Doctor in is in the residential district-- you can spot a billboard and the streetlamps through the window-- that can only be entered via Joy detector. . This is definitely some sort of official office type building though, and a VERY important one to be guarded so heavily. Jack's studio maybe.. ?

Also, the entirety of Uncle Jack's song, that a friend and I could cobble together:

London bridge has fallen down. It's fallen down. Fallen down. London bridge has fallen down, my fair lady.

Take the keys and lock them up! Yes, go on, do it: lock them up! Yes, lock them up! Take the keys and lock them up, my fair lady.

Everything is quite alright! Sleepy tight, nighty night. Everything's tucked OUT OF SIGHT, my fair lady!

If it's a reference to Remembrance Day, then it's a red poppy which was adopted as a reference to the poem In Flander's fields. (Written by a Canadian soldier but used throughout the commonwealth.)

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.