Sign in to follow this  
Naila

We Happy Few coming to Xbox One!

Hello all,

We are delighted to announce that We Happy Few will make its console debut to the Xbox One next year and in the Game Preview program this holiday!

In case you missed the latest trailer we revealed at Gamescom, here it is:

We also prepared a little FAQ for any questions you may have:

When will WHF be available on Xbox One?

This holiday season in the Xbox Game Preview program, the released game will come out next year.

How much will it cost?

Same as PC

What about PS4?

At the moment we are focusing on the PC and Xbox version. We are a small team and we want to take our time working on the quality of the game first and foremost.

Can I change my Kickstarter pledge to an Xbox version?

Unfortunately no, the Kickstarter was exclusively for PC. We would have loved to change your pledge, but we'd have to raise the price of the tier. If you haven’t backed us yet and wish to get the Xbox version, we suggest you wait until it becomes available on the Xbox Game Preview program this holiday season.

Thank you all for the kind words and support :)

I could not find the price of the PC version cause the xbox one version is supposed to be the same price. So what is the price? Also this game looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!! I am definitely gonna get it for my Xbox! You guys are amazing! Keep up the amazing awesome work! By the way I loveeeeee survival games :P.

This has me legitimately worried. Every time a game transitions from PC only to also having a console version, the PC version is dumbed down because the potatoes have next to no power compared even to entry level PCs.

By God I hope this won't be the case. I like my 1080p@120.

Hey @Drd27, did you order it from our Backer Kit page? If so, you should have gotten an email with the code to be downloaded on Steam.

@MattyMatt Not one bit, it is going to actually improve the overall game :)

@Naila

> @MattyMatt Not one bit, it is going to actually improve the overall game :)

That has never happened in the history of gaming. Consoles drag down the PC.

@MattyMatt Mate, not sure if you're trolling, but if you aren't interested in listening to our responses then there's not much we can do here. If you have specific concerns/questions, then let us know and we'll answer them.

Look at Elite Dangerous for a recent example from a game going to console and thus receiving major downgrades on the PC side because of it, plus console exclusive content BS.

Consoles do not improve games for PC, so stating it will improve the overall game is an oxymoron.

@MattyMatt, it's not that hard to believe -- current gen consoles like the Xbone are nearly identical to PCs (albeit low spec PCs, yes), so a lot of the optimizations that are done for consoles can and do carry over to the PC version. You've actually seen this in action already, a fair amount of performance and load time improvements from the 6.2 and 6.3 updates come from just getting the build running on Xbox one.

Yes, there is a point at which console optimizations are no longer possible and content needs to be downgraded. But we're using Unreal Engine 4, which is already designed to be scalable for both PC and consoles as necessary. It is entirely possible to cook console content with lower spec separately from original PC content, which rest assured we plan to do.

> It is entirely possible to cook console content with lower spec separately from original PC content, which rest assured we plan to do.

Thank you. That is all I wanted to hear. Now I am hoping you don't disappoint. So far it's all good, but as I've seen it time and time again, I of course still worry.

@MattyMatt, I shared your same concern until I read @Camille's response. " It is entirely possible to cook console content with lower spec separately from original PC content, which rest assured we plan to do."

I think we are gonna be ok. ;)

@islanola we haven't planned to test the Xbox one version publicly - just internally. However, if we decide to ask for a few Xbox One beta testers, we'll make a post about it here.

@sam, awesome and thanks, i'd love to contribute my help/play the game early. the gigantic community is getting my feet wet with beta testing, and lucigen's twitch stream got me even more hyped for we happy few.

What's the purpose of of choosing xboxone over ps4? Why not at least announce a solid for both? This just doesn't make sense unless you're receiving a nice layout for console exclusivity from MS since the ps4 has a 2:1 install base over xboxone and supposedly no more difficult to develop for. I'm just really disappointed since there didn't really seem to be much stopping you from releasing contrast on both major consoles.

@LionSlicer I can appreciate that. Obviously we have our reasons, but the most important thing to know is that Microsoft's support is a really big deal to us. Microsoft has been super enthusiastic about the game, from the beginning, and want to help us out - that's a rare opportunity. If you launch simultaneously on both platforms, unless you're Call of Duty you don't get help. We're also planning to go into Early Access / Game Preview - we can't do that through Sony. So I hope that makes sense. We did this the other way around on the last project, launching Contrast on PS4 6 months earlier than on Xbox One.

Ultimately, we want to make the game great on PC and Xbox One. But we're also committed to doing the best we can by our community, so please don't think we've forgotten about you.