Sign in to follow this  
DrBeardfacé

Steam VR, Morpheus, Rift.

As this is so early in development and VR apparently launching late 2015 to mid 2016 (depending on the device), We Happy Few might well launch after these have seen consumer releases so I thought it would be a good idea to ask what people think of VR support for the game (assuming it is as the trailer implies first person) and if the devs have have considered the tech.I realize this is VERY early days but I thought it would be interesting to put it out there.

Would you like to see Wellington Wells in VR? I would but I know VR has its detractors too.

Hey Dr Beard!

Great Question / Conversation Topic!

We have a Morpheus Devkit at work; but we haven't a chance to give it a spin yet because we've been concentrating on the PC build for the time being. There's definitely some interest in the team (and in myself - creatively) for supporting VR, however. We discussed incorporating your look-at into the suspicion matrix of the AI to heighten the sense of Paranoia in the game, which is something that I think could make an interesting fit for VR.

However, solving nausea problems and fatigue on long term use seems to be a big challenge with the developers we know who are currently working with the hardware. I'm hearing great things from my peers at GDC who tried Valve's headset, and would love to get my hands on one of those. ;)

Guillaume.