Sign in to follow this  
RCids

Hello. and Soundtrack

Stumbled upon this while watching a Jim Sterling vid expecting a ton of snarky comments, and a bad early access. Imagine my shock. I'm just plain excited now! I've got a big interest in the Eisenhower era (for us Americans) and a bit of an Anglophile circa 60s: "Bond" "Benny Hill" "The Animals" "To Sir With Love"

I can't find the discussions for my questions, so I'd like to ask here. Soundtrack and book won't be shipped until the game is out (pre-order Backerkit) correct? And what exactly is in the soundtrack? I'd like to think the pop/rock music from that era might make its way in...

Well I backed them 2 days ago and got my pre-alpha yesterday, still no sign of soundtrack and artbook so im gonna say no not until the game is out and as for what the soundtrack is, usually its all the music from the game, if that's what your asking.

I can only imagine? There's been no mention of the soundtrack being finished yet, and from the Friday Updates, the concept art is still being produced.~

I'm hoping for some Beatles, Beach Boys inspired music. ♥ The best of the 60s.

Hello!

Yes the soundtrack and art book are not yet ready as the game isn't finished yet. Whitney is still doing concept art paintings for the game and the guys at Signal Space are still working on the music. If you are curious about what kind of music, here is the description from our Kickstarter:

In We Happy Few's psychedelic, retro soundscape, we're embracing the musical revolution of the 60s. For example, in the Village, our ambient theme takes inspiration from early 60s space-enthused electronic music, while the Wellies listen to the ultra perky 60s pop, mod, and lounge that is pouring out of the Village speakers and televisions. Our composer and sound guys have been doing a lot of experimentation with vintage 60s instruments (such as mellotrons and other things we secretly suspect aren't real instruments) and recording techniques, and we're very excited with how this will shape the atmosphere and tone of our happy yet unsettling world.

The issue with actual period music is that you have to deal with licensing. I work a bit on a game set around WWII and even using music from the 30s and 40s would have cost them money. I seem to recall Guitar Hero or some other franchise had serious problems getting together permission to use Beatles songs in particular. Either way, an OST is definitely the way to go for a smaller company.

@SyAlmans Exactly, it would cost us an arm and a leg. Therefore all of our music is original, which I find pretty cool :)

The "Sunshine pop" and UK pop of that era; PERFECT for the premise of the game. But it's definitely understandable. ESPECIALLY considering this is an alternate timeline from the 1940s and on. You guys hit the bulls-eye when you found the actor to play Uncle Jack. Here's hoping the artist you guys have found for the OST is just as brilliant. Thanks Naila.

@RCids Yeah Julian Casey is pretty amazing. Nic and Jose from Signal Space are also extremely talented, they worked with us on Contrast. We take music pretty seriously, have you heard the

for Contrast?