Sign in to follow this  
oliviadgrace

Scenarios (potential spoilers!)

Hey all! Love love love the game so far, but had a question - sorry if it's been answered elsewhere.

I've come across several "scenarios" in the world, shown on the map once discovered as red and yellow exclamation marks. I can't seem to work out what to do with them! I stole the battery from a TV the wastrels had on a pile of rubble, and it just made them angry, and I couldn't put it back; I found one where there's an old broken gate, one in a butcher's and so on...

What do I do to "start" the scenario? Are they just not yet implemented? Any other input?

Thanks, and lovely day for it!

The exclamation marks are basically special events. Red ones are (as a rule) fighting special events, where somebody is likely to try to hurt you. Though it's We Happy Few, so you can get hurt in the nonviolent ones as well, as a rule.

They don't generally require specific activation, though some of them have events/combats that are triggered by something -- take tea off the Wastrel Tea Party table, open the chest on the rubble pile, etc.

some scenarios involve small puzzles - bridge scenarios, pawn shop - that can reward you with game-winning items