Sign in to follow this  
ceruleanspiral

Name in the Game?

For those who have filled out their survey- how did you put your name in the game? Did you use your real name (first, last, or both), a favorite online handle, your nickname?

I have a fairly rare first name, which I used to sign visual art I create. But it's not unique, so it's possible other people could have my name as a handle, or their real name I suppose. I am a woman and married into my surname, which I would use if it were a page in the credits. However, the wording is "in the game" specifically, and I'm not sure how my full name would really work with, um, anything, lol.

I used my full-ish name since I assumed they meant "in the credits", since that's how I usually see backers credited. Though if it's in the game itself, say as graffiti, I'd probably need to update the survey answer so it looks less weird...

That's what I thought at first, but I wanted to see if there was more info/more details before I finished the survey. It just says "+ Name in the game" and "How would you like your name to appear in the game?"

It seems pretty open and (to me) implies that it is not credits list. My name would not fit well in the list of children on the wall, for example, even if I use my real name. Although I guess it actually depends on how late into the 60s it is set as for how useful my name would be. Heh.

I was actually wondering how they're going to do that. I mean, I'm down on kickstarter as 'Alice 'Buttons' Kensington' and that's uh... Not very fitting? And I know some people just put usernames.

I'm sure they have a way to do it without breaking the immersion though.

It is a British name.~ It's the Buttons bit haha.

I did figure they'd cut out nicknames perhaps? But then what do you do for those who only put nicknames. I mean, the chances of someone in Wellington Wells graffiting 'xXusernamelolXx' is uh... probably slim.

Hey,

Hopefully I can clarify this :)

The name will be in the game and not in the credits. We don't know yet where, but it will be cool.

You can choose any name you wish, don't worry about fitting with the game, it is however YOU feel like leaving your mark in the game.

For example (and those are just examples) what name would you want on a memorial monument or in a phone book :)

We still have time before implementing this, you've got time to think :) Also that is one of the reason we are not locking all the surveys yet, so you can edit it if you wish. If you find yourself with a lock survey and you wish to change something, just let me know :)