Cygnus11

Windows 10 Key Bindings Not Saving

I am playing the Windows 10 (UWP) version of We Happy Few.  I noticed that any custom keybindings that I make do not save when I quit and reload the game.  The bindings only persist for the current game.  Is there a way to make them persist permanently?  Being an Unreal Engine game, I thought that keybindings would be saved in the input.ini file.  And I noticed an input.ini file in this directory:

\AppData\Local\Packages\CompulsionGamesInc.WeHappyFew_eae46zy90r9xg\LocalState\My Games\We Happy Few\Config\UWP

But that file is empty and does not seem to get updated when I create a new custom key binding.  So I figured these bindings must get saved somewhere else.

Can anyone help me out?  Thanks.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

This is a known bug in the UWP version of the game. This is occurring because the UWP version of the game saves configuration data in a similar way to the Xbox One build. Since the Xbox One build doesn't save custom keybindings, the UWP version is also not saving them. We're planning to address this in the next patch.

Unfortunately there is no current workaround for this issue aside from setting the keybinds each time the game is re-launched or using the default key bindings.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Lee

Thanks for the response.  Luckily I only change a couple key bindings, so resetting them on each play session is not that big of a deal.  I'm glad to hear that you are addressing this issue in a future patch.  I look forward to it.

Thanks again.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:33 PM, Lee said:

This is a known bug in the UWP version of the game. This is occurring because the UWP version of the game saves configuration data in a similar way to the Xbox One build. Since the Xbox One build doesn't save custom keybindings, the UWP version is also not saving them. We're planning to address this in the next patch.

Are you still planning on fixing this? I just started playing via PC Game Pass and rebinding the keys every time is kind of annoying 😣