Sign in to follow this  
Mefionir-24

Considerations on the conformity in the game

I had many commitments that made it almost impossible to continue my gameplay-feedback constantly. However, at Christmas I received the artbook (fantastic 😍), and I have some known to be expressed on the conformity of the play between the costumes and effects of Joy, as well as the interactions of them.

start by talking about Joy. We are in a society that strives to make Joy its own citizens, and the futuristic machines on the streets make the idea perfect. But it is almost not perceived this danger very often. For example, in the old versions of the game, citizens almost immediately recognized those who were not under the influence of Joy, while at present it can be said that they can do without it almost all the time, even in spite of countdown alarms that are about to play 🤔. These warn that there is a downer around, but the citizens do not seem to care until there is the fatal shock, allowing us to safely escape from the area in question. I would therefore modify this first approach by being alert on the part of citizens, as though they had heard a disturbing sound and looked at least around. I would also consider a better setting for the criers, they do not have much difference compared to the other characters in the game, and I would like to see that there are less times between the suspicion and alarmism for them 😨. Or anyway, they're harder to take to make them shut up, like they're the Crazy Legs guy.

And for the doctors: politely it would be more correct that they have a wider area of perception of their smell when they are on the street to smell the downers. it is really too simple to swallow them with a few meters away ... or at least that this area of smell is wide if they are in hard mode ...

Speaking of conformism in clothes:

🎩 Head - I would have liked that in the slot there was also the possibility to put the smiling mask, in order to really conform to Wellington Wells clothes, and dedicate a moment of extra attention to the player on how to dress during the adventure. It would already be more credible to have a mask not to immediately point out to Wellington Wells citizens that we are not downers. it's quite unreal that Arthur takes her for deafult for the whole adventure, even in the Garden District, in my opinion. In addition, I would apply a shorter duration of the gas mask. Or even that the hats are damaged as you are hit by opponents with bullets, explosions and strong blows. 

🧥 Torso - it is practically perfect, but one could well hypothesize a duration of the clothing, that as you get hits from the adversaries they wear clothes up to become rags, endangering the player in his compliance.

👞 Shoes - is a part that basically goes well between silent steps and quick steps, but what sense do those standards have for gameplay purposes? why should the player be forced to create them in the inventory? it should make sense (also in compliance) for the game itself. With shoes in parade and village, but without shoes in the garden district. 

I hope this consideration is appreciated, at least when it comes to setting the hard mode of the game, which I currently find to be the most disappointing as challenge.😅

🎉 Happy New Year! 🤗

Edited by Mefionir-24
  • Thanks 1