I am currently experiencing difficulty completing the mission “The Great Stink” and I think something is wrong with the game. It’s very frustrating to not be able to progress. I have flipped the power switches in maintenance rooms 1 and 3 and have turned all three red valves clockwise, however I am still not able to flip the switch in maintenance room 2. I watched a YouTube tutorial on the mission and when the player rotated all three red valves he had no problem flipping the switch. Not only that, but now when I walk up to the two red valves inside of maintenance room 2 they will not highlight/be recognized anymore and I do not have the option of turning the counterclockwise like I do on the red valve located in the other room. What is going wrong here? Please help me because as I said, it’s very frustrating to not be able to advance in a game I was enjoying.

There is one valve that may need to be turned once more, the one you have to climb up to. I only mention this because you say you walk up to the 2 main valves, but not all 3 of them.  I ran into this issue also, but I simply needed to turn the valve again and I could use the lever/switch.