Sign in to follow this  
Zenaxa

Inv storage resorting bug

So, the storage bins rearrange the inside inventory, which is icky for a packrat like me. I filled up my first aid kit in my shelter with 11x5 stacks healing balms, 2 stacks water, 1 stack honey, 3 stacks raw meat, 1 stack Victory Meat, 1 stack tea, and 1 Torn Suit. All 32 spots, full up!

The reorg of item placements caused my suit to get hidden somehow. I see it in the right side preview list, but in opening the storage container, it now shows 6 slots open, but the suit can't fit in the wide U shape at the bottom on the container, and it seems it tried to load last.

For now, I can remove enough stuff to make room for it to pop out so as to grab my suit, but it's likely something you'll want to perk at so people don't think they lost their stuff.

:) At least it's only a Torn Suit this time :)

I had a similar issue, though it's more to do with my resolution and needing to run in Windowed mode for performance reasons. Whenever I use a storage locker it seems to sort items according to its own personal preference, which wouldn't be such a big deal if Windowed mode didn't cut off the entire left column.

While I haven't "lost" anything like the suit, it does mean I regularly have to remove everything from the locker (usually meaning I have to clear my personal inventory as well) and dump it on the floor just so I can get to 10 mechanical parts.

It's technically not a bug, world containers aren't really meant for storage and don't preserve their layout when closed. There's going to be an actual expandable stash in the hideout that can be used for storage. The current situation is kind of a stopgap until then, although I admit it could be clearer.

I'll see if I can think of something or if it's time to add the stash in the game. :)

By the way, just letting you know that the aforementioned stash has been added and some of the shelters come equipped with it. All stashes share the same contents, so you don't have to worry about moving things from one shelter to the next! As a bonus, items in the stash can be directly crafted with, removing the need to do an inventory shuffle just to craft some items. Currently, the stash has some limited slots which will eventually be unlockable like other inventory slots, but for now there isn't an expansion item for it.

I've also streamlined containers in general so they save their layout anyway. The looting screen has changed a bit as well, containers now take the place of the equipment section in order to allow quicker transferring of things to/from containers through right-click.