Sign in to follow this  
scurry

Sally's Chapter Review

Right, so I just made it through Sally's chapter and it took me a while to warm up to her as a character. 

I found the baby-needs mechanic super daunting in the beginning, and I had a terrible time with loading screens hitting me every block on her island. Going from Arthur's "do whatever you want" gameplay to Sally's weak, restrictive, tedious chapter was a hard adjustment. Once you patiently wait for the baby feeder it opens up her world a bit more, but it was almost too stressful in my opinion. Probably wouldn't change it, now that I know what to expect.

Another thing that struck me about her chapter is that her chemical knowledge and tools are basically useless. I played through the entire thing without ever touching one of the atomizers and relative potions because it was easier to just syringe people. I know that's supposed to be her defining mechanic, but I think it needs some kind of elevation in the storyline so the player is forced to use it at least once and can then see the value. 

While there were lots of tutorial tips about the baby, there weren't enough about Sally's crafting imo. I admit it took me at least an hour of running around in the gardens to figure out those tall red bushes were foxglove, which means I spent a lot of gameplay without being able to craft key items. A similar issue happened with the knockout syringes. Took me too long to figure out where in the craft menu they were, so I spent most of the game without them and just bashed people to death.

Lastly, I might have had terrible RNG so that during the witches quest I was running at least 1.1k kilometers between quest points. It sucked. Without all that running, it makes me wonder just how short Sally's chapter really is.

tl;dr

• Change the foxglove to pink or purple so it stands out from the roses
  • Users should be forced to use atomizer at least once
  • Categories in crafting menu to make it easier to find what you're looking for (healing, drugs, weapons, buffs)

???