Sign in to follow this  
noahgibbs

Windowed Mode has much better fps

I'm the guy using a MacBook Pro and boot camp -- so anything I write may be related to that :-)

I'm noticing significantly better fps in windowed than full-screen mode. Some of it is that the window is smaller than the full screen, presumably. This seems like more speedup than that, but it's hard to be sure.

Also, I set the resolution options in Steam that the performance guide said to, but that didn't seem to turn down the resolution in full-screen. May be related to Retina, may not.

Unrelatedly: whew, bobbies are vicious. I keep getting myself pretty well set up, getting a bobby alone in the Garden District, and getting whacked dead. I don't think that's a game bug, I think I'm just not amazing at combat :-)

I'm finding with Bobbies, have room to back up to dodge those bum rushes and stick slaps. Vicious, for sure, they are!

@noahgibbs @Zenaxa they'll be getting even worse in the next update ;) You just wait.

Noooo! I finally started surviving... mostly! Hehe! Bring it on! :D

I wish my Fancy Suit groupies hung around long enough to cover a lot of ground... I could lead them to a takeover with a big enough mob!

--"I think so, Brain, but where will we find rubber pants at this hour? *narrrrf!"

Based on your input, OP, I tried the Windowed, not FS, and was,able to goto medium settings, woohoo! We'll see how it loads in Hamlyn instead of the wastes, but I'm having a more fluid experience now, so thanks for sharing your success!

Yay! Sadly, I don't think mine will handle medium well even windowed, but I'm having an easier time with the better frame rate :-)