Sign in to follow this  
Zenaxa

Fancy Suit got killed from Inv after crafting Dark suit

I swapped wearing my Fancy Suit for wearing my Simple Suit, then crafted the Dark Suit at my Hamlyn chem station (side with the butcher). When done, I have my Dark Suit, properly killed the Simple Suit, but my Fancy Suit is ALSO gone.

Just for good measure I checked every storage space and the whole shelter floor.

It's gone. From now on, I'll stow all suits except the one being converted in storage and not Inventory, but I reckon it's a bug that the system killed both Simple and Fancy.

But... not enough to hold 3. Does the code force it to populate my Inv with the new item before killing the component? Ive noticed bottles disappear, no empty replaced, too, when I use from main Inv and there's no room for the replacement if the full and empty exist at the same moment. Any way this can cause the item to move to ground, jnstead of being killed? Bottles might fall? I can't say for sure, but the suit definitely did not.

Seems like a bug indeed. If you don't have enough space in your inventory to craft something you shouldn't be able to craft it at all

I might have been wearing the suit being changed, if you try to replicate it. Can't recall for sure. If +worn is being evaluated, then maybe that's the issue in the inv space check?

There was enough room in my inventory to hold two suits without one being worn. An error saying not enough room would look wrong to me on the player side. If the creation process checks for all ingredients, then creates new item, THEN kills or deletes the ingredient (s), then that seems to be why there's no room. If new item creation happened after ingredient killing, then there'd be room. It's just a guess, but I'm hoping in trying to explain it, I've conveyed my bug a little better. Thanks! :)

Gah, I'm still unsure why it deleted the Fancy Suit, though, which was not an ingredient at all, unless it got pushed out somehow? I just dunno. I can try to replicate it and get more info next I get blocks of time to play.