Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Another Transcript

Hellooo! Today's transcript will be from myself! I don't claim to be as good of a writer as Toast, but I can try. I didn't get time to play that much this weekend, as I was pretty busy, but I will post about the one session I did play. Here goes!

Woke up, fell outta bed, dragged a comb across my head. I'm in a neat little bunker in the subway it seems. Pretty spiffy place I got here. After popping on the tele I look around at my various things, my first aid kit, my mechanical workbench, my locker which I can't open for some reason, and I head up the ladder to greet the day. Wakey wakey! I try my best to sneak out of my little hole in the ground when a man runs up to me and gets bipped in the head by a bobby. The man gets knocked out like a sack of bricks, and the officer looks at me. I'm sure he said something, but I can't remember. All I can recall how his smile did the total opposite of put me at ease.

I wander around town, enjoying the excessively happy music, looking in trash bins for... I don't know. Something. I'm getting hungry and thirsty. I find a telephone box which has been kitted out to conveniently supply me with Joy. I decided to see what all the fuss was about, since "everyone is doing it". I immediately regretted it, as I was suddenly barely able to see. There appear to be no positive side effects to the drugs, so I hope they will wear off soon. Nevertheless I continued my wandering.

I found a house in a back alley that had its window open and I decided to pop in for some morning tea. Unfortately, they had neither tea nor biscuits. Just an angry man who was likely on his way to Cricket practice. He'll be late for that one, I'm sure. I left the house when I triggered one of the seemingly unavoidable ankle-high lightsaber alarms.

I found another open window and this time I found a loaf of bread in the oven. These guys have been hiding the goods! I confiscate it and make on my merry way.

Before I'm down the block I find myself getting peckish again. Lousy bread, I thought it was supposed to be filling.

I duck in a back alley and suddenly I'm on a beach with a bunch of trees. I try to go for a swim, but it's the shallowest lake(?) I've ever been in. I decide to go for a long walk on the beach instead, as I've claimed I've enjoyed so many times before. While doing so I happen to find another open window. Since another of my hobbies includes B&Es, I jumped up through the window.

This house had a different layout, so I didn't have to worry about any of those nasty foot lasers. This house did, however, have someone standing in the kitchen. I made quick work of him and closed the front door to remain inconspicuous. I began my search of the house, but was continually interupted. The residents of this house must have been expecting guests, because people kept barging in to attack me, despite the door being closed. I made my way upstairs to avoid the malicious houseguests. In my hurry to find some hidden cookies or chocolates to calm my extremely fast metabolism I accidentally walked halfway up a set of stairs with upwards of a million lasers (in my paniced state I may have miscounted, but I was close). Seeing as how there were more lasers below than above, I bit the bullet and ascended the rest of the stairs, now with a sliver of health. I made my way into a bedroom, and was looking around for something to heal, or eat, or anything that would help, when I saw it. It was glorious. Waiting for me in the corner was a dream come true. A safe. I started towards the safe when the door opened. Bollucks... I attacked the woman at the door but... Uh... Where is my weapon? It's not equipped??

BONK!

GG WP

P.S. The game looks great, but looks like it has some sort of couch fabric filter over it. Just me?

Couch filter fabric: no, it's not just you! We've only seen this on my PC in the studio, so in a way it's nice to hear that my PC isn't completely broken.

As for the rest, great feedback. We've been tweaking the survival loop over the past couple of days, hopefully we'll push out an update in the next few hours. That loaf of bread won't be so empty from now on :) We've added a bunch of tooltips to the game to help orientate people for PAX, as well.

We want to start sending emails to everyone when there is an update, so you guys should be notified of changes being made.

Glad to hear I was of some help :) The emails would be really helpful for me, as I check my emails on my phone regularly. And then I'll be able to log on for each update! I'll try to play some more this week so I can help you guys out pre-PAX. Is there a cutoff time for feedback?

Done, email should have just come through :) There's no cut off time, but it'll be hard for us to deal with any feedback sent in after 11am tomorrow.