Sign in to follow this  
Sirpimsywinkle

Future biome ideas!

Wow so we happy few is so bloody great, but it could be better with more area types to explore!

Maybe some sort of military base, it might or mght not be abandoned and you can find different weapons and such lying around. There could also be signs of battles fought or just old dead soldiers.

Or perhaps a lab area, the tech and drug of wellington wells has to come from somewhere right? So there various factories and laboratories populated by rejecte test subjects, workers, and mad doctors.

How about some sort of port or dockyard? Stuff like imports and exports with warehouses and maybe some neato futury boats. Hell maybe have some grizzled old sailors and then intersperse them with overjoyed wellies.

And last idea how about some sort of neighborhood suburbs area? Like little 1 story home, no shops, or even make it a little farmland area (cow with masks on and huge grins, man that would be something)

Sorry if these seem silly and all but it's 3 am and I feel inspired and really love dropping ideas around.

Seriously though to everyone here and at compulsion you folks are all a real JOY to be assosciated with

(Ps if this is a grammar nightmare i might have sed my phone on this)

If there were a neighbourhood area it would have shops: 1 to 2 local/corner sshops, a newsagent, a public washing machine place, and a chippy. ;D

Seriously there's always been an abundance of little local shops in estate areas of England.

If they do decide to add more biomes , I'd love to see one designed around Uncle Jack and where he lives. I imagine he lives in a mansion near the radio station (or even broadcasts from his own home). Along with having some of Uncle Jack's stuff, this would be a good place to have a Bobbie HQ and maybe even some of the lab area stuff @sirprimsywinkle mentioned.

I really like @CaptnGlitch 's idea of Uncle Jack's dwelling. For one, I'd like to see if there are any signs that he's suffering the same form of denial as the Wellies, or if he's some outsider who's basically acting as their minder. For another, it brings to mind the scene in 1984 where Winston Smith got to see O'Brien's home.

@CaptnGlitch Oh man imagine if his home was just this singular huge building surrounded by guards, barbed wire, and spotlights. It's just this huge facility made just to keep him safe. And maybe if you get to the top you get to have an interview with uncle jack, or maybe it turns out he was dead the whole time! OR HE'S A ROBOT!

@Sirpimsywinkle Wow, if he was dead the whole time, and joy makes you forget from day to day, that would be an in world excuse for there being only a few broadcasts. they don't need more than what they will have, 52? i think?

@drachenhunter It's only actually about 6 broadcasts atm, but more should be added as time goes on... I'm not sure why I am acting like I'm a dev, I have no clue when more broadcasts or whatnot will appear...

Also while on the topic of uncle jack broadcasts, it'd be interesting to actually sort of have a way to watch him when you're not near a tv or something, some sort of pip boy esque thing to let you watch his broadcasts or listen to some tunes while exploring. Like a little video watch... Maybe if you're in a certain biome you can pick up different broadcasts: in the city and village it's uncle jack stuff, in the garden district it might be just staticy uncle jack stuff, or maybe even some pirate radio thing.