Sign in to follow this  
Ghretto

Screenshot thread?

@Naila One of my favorite things about taking screenshots is seeing which ones connect with people. Sometimes you can can spend an hour (or more) on a single shot that you think is the coolest thing ever, and it ends up not doing much for people. Then sometimes, its the one that took you a minute to do that stands out. What makes you like this one so much? :)

@Nautilus I like the train station a lot, and in the fog like this it gives me a bit of Jack The Ripper/Old London vibe. And these flowers just find them so beautiful. I love them both and their composition.

@Naila The train station is really cool. I was so excited to go explore it the first time i saw it. And those flowers are super pretty. I love how theyre such a nice contrast to the dark, moody nights (and the train station in the background). One thing that really draws me into the game visually, is the juxtaposition between the sometimes bright and/or saturated colors and the dreary setting.

@Nautilus, where's the Joy Detector gone in that shot of the station? :o And I love the purples in the underground sign. I love the lighting in general of those signs and the parks. Wish the Underground entrances were more scattered like the launch trailer had them, would create some nice mood lighting and breakup in the buildings.

@Iris_Lockspur Good eye my friend! It was one of the least detailed parts of the shot, so it kind of stood out, and not in a good way. But more importantly, i wanted to see more of the colorful atmospheric fog behind it and i wanted to use the metal beams to frame out and clearly show one of the zapper devices. So i used a console command to remove it. And i agree about the signs. I love how they look. They were the first thing i was drawn to visually and the first thing i took a screenshot of.

OBBOGOX.png

@Îbarumarky They are :) But i should mention theyre taken at high resolutions (5k) and some have a bit of reshade ( a post processing injector) added to the image (mostly for a little softer bloom, anti aliasing and some added or taken away saturation, depending on the shot. Overall though, the developers just made the game look this darn good! :]

KdDi8Mp.png

@Nautilus I can't get enough of your screenshots. I may or may not have a slideshow of your screenshots as my desktop background...

@Hidude haha Well if you do have a slideshow of them, i feel honored! :) This is such a fun and rewarding game to take screenshots of. Compulsion really put together a super talented team to work on it, and in imo, they created a visual masterpiece.

2NKfJxL.png

@Nautilus, I thought that your shot of the train station checkpoint looked familiar. I found this in my screenshot folder last night when I was making a thumbnail for one of my videos and going through screenshots.

We must have like minds or something. This is uncanny. (Taken on 30 April, 2016)

hISRckl.jpg

Didn't post because I thought it looked too blurred.

@Iris_Lockspur Thats awesome :) Maybe our minds are connected from all the joy. :D I think its a testament to the skill of the level designers, who place things perfectly in specific spots to guide the player (and our eyes). When i first saw actual gameplay footage, i thought the game looked interesting, but it didnt really visually grab me (however, the official trailer did). But once these well thought out areas started to appear, i was sold. I definitely think they will be a part of the games secret sauce. They also offer a nice counter balance to the more generic/less scripted (but still high quality), procedurally generated aspect of the game.