Sign in to follow this  
Zenaxa

QUESTION ABOUT CHANGING SUITS:

Last night, I put my Simple Suit back on and snuck around Hamlyn looking for open windows. I wasn't caught out *phew* and changed back into my Torn Suit to hang out amongst the wastrels, but they were as suspicious as they'd have been in my Simple Suit.

Does swapping out the wardrobe affect its functionality at all? I stashed a couple looted Torn Suits in a chest that was on the road, just in case I needed another, and the chest is easy to access. Did I have Wellie smelly on me or something? Lol!

In my experience, swapping out clothes doesn't degrade their effectiveness. But even in my torn suit, Wastrels will become suspicious if I jump, climb, or stand around in their houses too long. And they'll slug me if they catch me stealing. Were you by chance close to other Wastrels when you switched outfits? I haven't tried that.

I had just crossed back into town and I think I may have TAB-I'd and swapped within distance. I've just started hitting Hamlyn as my confidence grows - so with blood pumping, maybe I'd already been noticed and I missed it in my excitement. Thanks! I'll be more aware moving forward! :)

@Zenaxa We are aware of some issues going on when you are changing suits. Basically, sometimes the game checks for what suit you have on and lets say you change suit afterwards that check was made, you might still be considered having the previous suit. There is a lot of other things messing around with how much suspicion the player is emitting all the time, so it is kind of hard to pin down what is the exact cause of it and if it is related to changing suits or not at all...

So yeah, we will definitely need some time to test extensively that particular feature to be able to pin down the (or all of the) problems involved with suspicion and what role the suits - and specifically changing suits - plays in it.

I know for me I am not sure if others have this issue, but usually I make two suits a fancy suit and a tough suit. But because lately the game has been crashing from time to time randomly I got advice to save every now and then so I wouldn't start all the way back. But lately if I craft two suits and save then game then continue I lose a suit. The one I am not wearing disappears so then I have to craft another one. But then I lose that one again it is random when this happens sometimes I have it other times I don't