Sign in to follow this  
Zenaxa

Bug or Feature?

You're near death: no healing balm, no new leaves to harvest, no bsndages or anythi g to save your sorry behind! Okay, my sorry behind. A Joy booth was on the bridge, I had some joy in ky system from trying to eat my pain away... so I overdosed. OD didn't kill me and I woke with a full hp bar.

Should we be able to Joy out to avoid demise? While on my hp boost, I rsn around the garden district in an effort to find a sewing kit, and got some junk food on the way. I only did the OD maneuver in that one session; but if I knew it was Approved! then I could cheat the grim reaper without guilt.

• Like 1

It's (mostly) working as intended! Yeah, overdosing wakes you up in your shelter mostly refreshed... But one day short. For now, the world does not change over time, but eventually, it will advance and change around you as time progresses, whether you like it or not. In order to escape or progress in the story, you'll have to manage your time carefully, so losing a day will be a Very Bad Thing indeed.

Awesome! Thanks! Thus far, my survival record is 13 days with Joydosing out, 10 without. I'm excited to hear about what's to come!

I just went 16 days, and died trying to look at couple of dead Wellies by a bridge I hadn't used. Didn't see my gealth drain til toooo late. Oh well, my sewing kit mission ends for this run! I was looking under stairs, in blown out buildings debris.... I think I have a great feel for the Wastrel's homes now! :D