Sign in to follow this  
Zenaxa

*SPOILER* You made me literally gasp out loud.

Graffiti "Why won't they stop crying" and then I looked up from where I stood on the platform. Wow, nice job creative team! Took me by surprise! Loved it.

• Like 1

I've only seen this up close in Josh's stream of the new build (when I went there, the lighting glitched out on me and it was super dark), but oh my gosh I was buzzing at this. Like- I was legitimately fangirling out loud at the tragic idea of someone taking away a parent's kids and it ending in suicide- I mean it's horrible, but that tragedy being a random event... imagine what's in the actual storyline?!

Bonus: When the lights were messed up, I did get to take this cool wallpaper-esque screenshot. I've yet to post it anywhere else permanently, so here's a first:

jhH4Noc.png

@Darthchewee

It's been confirmed it's a lighting glitch, haha. It worked fine in the stream and for multiple other people (and someone else has had the same lighting problem in a different area).

It does look very Contrast-y though!

oh my gosh i love that picture, i'm totally saving it. what a great shot, even if the lighting will get fixed

I can't seem to ever get that ! on the map to go red (seen/found I asume). I even made my way to the roof and was leanin' on chimneys (did not 'ghost, I climbed/jumped and somehow fell through some weird hole in another empty room with an ugly yellowish carpet and no furniture, I think,... anyhow,) I landed in my shelter/workshop up there. Who needs a lock pick eh?

@Otherbuttons that's a really nice shot, bug or not! Also added to my wallpaper collection.

And thanks, everyone. This is one of our scenarios, with actual "story content". The plan is to have more and more little moments like this, which we'll add as much as possible throughout the rest of development.

I'm loving the bits of story I've picked up so far from the mutterings and outbursts, and listening to their conversations. Especially amusing was being on Joy around the wastrels: poor jealous, envious souls. But, given what they know... I guess I can't blame them for their bitterness. I'd want to forget, too.

i'm curious if anyone else found the accessible door on the level below the hanging wastrels. interesting little side scene ;)

@otherbuttons yes! i didn't see it the first time i saw the scene, i was so distracted by the wastrels. but i found it and ooooh

@dash I JUST found it (and the wastrels) tonight. First time seeing it despite having hit all 5 islands and 9 days in my last run-through. I can't help but think the building also has the saddest chalk image of a train I've ever seen.

I have found a couple of other buildings like this, with totally unique and equally awesome "events" inside.

Love what the devs have done so far.

Yeah. So much of the Wastrel dialog was just heartbreaking after I found this scene and realized what they were talking about. There are really nice, really subtle touches hinting at this all over -- the empty playgrounds in Hamlyn, Jack reading the Pied Piper story, a lot of the chalk drawings...