Sign in to follow this  
ceruleanspiral

Attacked by Wellies in Garden & Wastrels in Town.

I found a table set up with bushes all around in the middle of town on the street- the kind with a plate of Mystery meat and tea. They said "It's not your birthday, now is it?!". I wanted to run off and then go back to take a screen shot but they attacked me. I ran past a Bobby and I was immediately under suspicion from him and he attacked me too! I would have thought he'd attack the Wastrels but no- all 4 beat on me and I was dead rather quickly. No kiting, apparently, heh.

This Wellie was very near home base- which was just behind me on the corner across from where we were standing:

Wellie-Garden1_zpsa5uv7n1j.jpg

Did you take anything from the table? Running will definitely alert people.

That stranded Wellie is odd, she looks like serial killer hunting poor Wastrels.

No, I was walking around it just looking and stressed them out. I was confused and wish I had hit the screencap when I first saw them. I only wear the torn suit in the Garden so my suit was probably making them edgy.

It's a random event. They spawn, but always in different places. There's the tea party, watching the telly, etc.

Sometimes being too close will upset them too.

I got that mystery meat table spawn in Hamlyn, too! Only once so far, though. I've never had a Hamlyn random event or a Wellie spawn in the Garden District, though. There was this one time I came up on a group of Bobbies beating a few Wastrels to death, but it was right by the bridge so I assume the Wastrels just got too close.

I crashed and when I hit continue is was pretty far back. I went by the event (exclamation mark on map)- and yes the table was an event and found it again. The Wastrels are hiding, when you walk in the bushes they hop out aggro to attack you. Instead of running I walked into a populated area and grandmas started shrieking and Wellies attacked the Wastrels. While fighting I was aggro red but they left me alone until they were dead. Luckily it was right by a shelter so I just hopped in and made my fancy suit again. Heh. Walked out like I owned the place, lol. The Wellies in the Garden did not show as an event.

No Wastrels visible:

Garden-in-Town_zpsec22odhf.jpg

Wellies attacking them:

Garden-in-Town-Wastrels_zpsd30gzdue.jpg

I once had a Wellie house on the Garden District side of the bridge, right at the right corner of yhe bridge. This was early on, and I hadn't even crossed the bridge yet in my games. I actually liked that it happened, as it gave me an intro to them. But since I haven't seen it happen again, I assume it was a bug and not a feature. I died in that house, too, before I could raid it all, but I saw the food before dying and it motivated me to get into town!

Hi all!

So, for the encounter (table with loot, surrounded with bushes), yes It is a known issue where it can spawn about anywhere. Of course, I built it in the idea it could spawn only in wilderness, and in the Garden District, but the Random Encounter spawning system is still taking his first baby steps, we will make it so that we will be able to choose specific areas and conditions where it should be able to spawn.

And as for buildings spawning in the wrong area (near the rivers), we are aware of that also but didn't quite find how to fix it yet, but we'll get to it in due time. Thanks for your feedback and screenshots!