Sign in to follow this  
Lethargic

Console Commands?

Out of Curiosity have the devs provided a compiled list of console commands for this game? I would love the capability to just explore and have commands to turn off detection of npcs, affect stats, create items etc.

Really enjoying the game, glad I backed!

They occasionally show some in streams, but not a full list as far as I can personally recall.

I know a few basic ones that I've used for taking screenshots, at least:

Ghost, fly, & walk for the basic three, and I think it's AIignoreplayer for going around unseen? It's something similar if not.

Don't try and punch people in ghost mode though because you will glitch out and fall to your death through the floor.

if you open up the console, it'll populate with commands starting with whichever letter you type - i think @otherbuttons is correct that the AIignoreplayer is the command you're searching for

now if anyone could tell me how to remove the hud on the other hand, that would be lovely

@dash

I couldn't figure it either for the longest time, but I think it was Josh that showed it in one of his streams? Your reaction was basically mine too haha, so you can thank him.

It meant I could take neat wallpaper screenshots. ♥

Oh man @Otherbuttons , thanks for AIignore. My framerate still limps but now I can actually explore without being tediously beaten to death.

No trouble @syalmans! I'm horrible at the game so I use them to explore without being limited by my computer/horrible ability too. At least if you can't play properly, you can still look around and take in the beautiful Wellington Wells scenery. ;D

@Otherbuttons Yeah, if I'm being honest with myself I'm going to be one of those people who ultimately need to use Easy mode. I like the basic concept but ultimately I'm in it for the lore. (And I'm still looking for the setpiece you posted with the lighting glitch that looks like it should be from Christopher Nolan's gritty Contrast remake.)

I was actually a bit surprised to see people saying that wastrels are too easily provoked without a torn suit, though - while they do get angry if you loot in front of them or linger in their homes I didn't have much trouble passing them on the street or anything. Honestly I was a bit relieved, since their aggro range seemed larger in some of the earlier LPs I saw.

@SyAlmans

I actually recently posted that in this thread for the first time, so that would be why you couldn't find it. ;P It wasn't up permanently anywhere else. that description though oh my god ♥

Same with the lore thing.

A lot of the kickstarter players never played the old version, and although I haven't played 6.1 yet (and barely played update 6), I personally found the older versions to be way easier to aggro too. Like they could see you from the fog down the street or through a tiny wall hole.

That's why I love AIignoreplayer though, since it means exploration is perfectly fine without dealing with them. UwU

@Otherbuttons Yeah, that's where I saw it on the forum after hearing it mentioned - I've just not yet run into it in the game itself. So blame your screenshot on making me now actively search for it. :P (Maddeningly, since someone mentioned Glasses Bloke starts talking when he encounters it I realized I may actually have entered the house in a very early playthrough, but been chased out by nearby wastrels before I actually saw the setpiece.)

Personally I like that they seem to require some suspicious or invasive action to be provoked into attacking you. My experience (without a torn suit) is that while you could wander close to certain setpieces like the feast or tv altar you can't get close enough to really inspect/appreciate it without taking down the wastrels or acquiring the right outfit. I appreciate that you're allowed some leeway to back off if you're not yet prepared for a huge encounter.