Sign in to follow this  
shmerl

Future direction of Compulsion Games?

Posted (edited)

Dear Compulsion,

most probably have already heard the unexpected news, that you became a part of MS studios, together with several other innovative game makers.

I'm glad you clarified, that you still plan to release We Happy Few for Linux DRM-free. Do you know what will be your future approach and direction? To be honest, I have little trust that MS can do the right thing and not mess things up, since they are known for their lock-in and exclusivity attitude. So may be you can answer these questions, which I'm sure affect a significant number of your current backers:

1. Do you still plan to use crowdfunding or with MS it won't be your method anymore?

2. Will you still make Linux games?

3. Will you continue releasing in DRM-free stores?

4. Will you have control of what kind of games you'll be making, or MS will decide that for you?

Thanks, and I hope you can clarify the above.

Edited by shmerl

Hello,

1. We will no longer go through crowdfunding but we'll continue to look for opportunities to take care of our earliest KS backers. 

2.  and 3. We do not know yet. That's a question for Microsoft.

4. Yes; our discussions indicated we would retain our creative freedom.

Posted (edited)

Thanks. I'll wait for more info on 2-3 then. There are a couple of DRM-free Linux games published by MS (Dust Elysian Tail and Mark of the Ninja both list Microsoft Studios as a publisher), but in general they look more like exception to the rule. I hope you'll have some say in that and will continue DRM-free Linux releases.

Edited by shmerl