Sign in to follow this  
xkfalcoon

Australian refusal for classification

Hi, I have just seen that we happy few is now banned in australia, what does this mean for Australian preorders and whatnot?

I think I read that they're appealing, but I don't hold much hope for it, unfortunately.

The fact is that they can't give us the game, ironically paralleling the dystopia that they've banned.

I have heard of other game develpoers that had the same issue encouraging fans to "acquire" their games through other means.

I think it's a real shame and such a ridiculous blanket-ban without considering the context of the drug use. A sad day for freedom of expression. A film or book with similar plotlines (for example, "Equilibrium") avoids this, but because of the medium of it being a videogame it's somehow held to a higher standard.

Unfortunately we are seeing more examples of context being ignored.  The idea that a horrific dystopian society and the populations existence is being masked by a drug might appeal to some people and so is enough to ban its very idea.  There are a lot of books and films that employ a similar premise but don't get banned.

Guest Jbbutler

There is a petition you can sign that I have linked to below. I am not sure if it will change anything but right now I dont think there is anything else Australian citizens can do to be heard. Link to petition

not living in Australia, but I have an Australian friend complaining on this as well. thanks for the link to petition. I will definitely show it to my friend BUT, can i sign it myself although i'm in USA? thanks

Guest widget678

Great to hear that the game has now been granted classification in Australia.  Thanks for working with Australian authorities to get the game published in our region.