Sign in to follow this  
Zenaxa

No Game Save on crash, but

When the gsme crashrd on me prepping to go into the Wellie's area, I went to start a new game and the hoverover informed me I'd be writing over a saved game, lose my progress. I didn't expect a save, but was elated for a moment! (Best Wastrel area run yet!) But no option for CONTINUE was listed. Thus was late night PST 7-11-15, an update may have addressed it. But in case not, here you go!

• Like 1

I think it says that every time; I've saved, died and then gone back to the main menu without a Continue option but New Game subtext mentioned losing progress.

That's weird it says you have saved progress if you die, it should wipe it cause death is perm. No redo's here. Another bug I spose that it says that. In my case, I crashed with full health and not in combat. I hate thinking of pertinent info after the initial post!

Having a bunch of fun with it :)

But did you save, exit, then Continue? I'm guessing you didn't save before the crash. Either way, pretty sure New Game always mentions that it will override a saved game.

No, I didn't try to Save. yhe bug I'm submitting seems to indicate an autosave was done by the game upon my crash. If they have that built in, it isn't working as I ntended.

If it isn't built in, it's giving the user the idea that it tried to (since a ceash isn't normal gameplay)

Ah, the help text is static, so it shows that regardless of whether there's an ongoing save present or not. But the "Continue" option only shows if said save game is present. I'll make that clearer.

There's no autosaving on crash, that would be quite hard to do since crashing normally means the application is in an unstable state! But the game does save on exit, whether to the main menu or to desktop.

Thanks, I was all resigned to the fact a game crash lost my best progress yet, then saw the static msging and got my hopes up, only to then need a Joy pill after realizing I didn't have a saved game. Clarity will help resolve false hopes from being raised. Thanks! P.