PeachySteel

The Slaughters Apprentice - Broken machine part not spawning

Hey, so first off just wanna say great game guys! Can't wait for the full version to come out :D so anyway, I'm playing on xbox one, version Alpha v44848 and I'm doing this quest The Slaughterers Apprentice (which is awesome BTW, completely crazy and unexpected!!) but I messed up and died when that crazy butcher killed me in the cellar and now I need to sabotage the machine again but the broken part won't spawn so I'm kind of stuck....? Is there a fix going in for this soon? In the meantime, is there a way I can get back to the street?

Thanks,

Lizzie.

I'm having the same issue here . a reply and some help from the devs on this would be great. I saw a pc player on steam having the same issue and dev replied that they would have a hotfix for them within the week that was Aug 21st. The devs need to be hotfixing known bugs on all platforms simultaneously, this is a game breaking problem and I just paid $63 for this, so shine some light and lets get this solved please

Guest QuillSeeker

A year later and I have the same issue on the full release

Guest Individualist
8 hours ago, Guest QuillSeeker said:

Ditto.

Guest Susu382

PS4 player here with full game and the eviscerator replacement part won't go into the machine itself. I have the part and I'm looking right at the place where I have to put it and it won't allow me to do it. But the butcher won't let me leave either so I'm completely stuck lol.. 

Guest PassiveCrocodile
19 hours ago, Guest QuillSeeker said:

Same

Guest PassiveCrocodile
22 hours ago, Guest QuillSeeker said:

I managed to restart the quest by loading a save that took place before The Slaughters Apprentice mission. The broken part was back and I got to finish the mission. Hopefully you can find a save too!

Guest Dbolhui3

I reloaded a previous save and still can’t put the part in the machine

Guest Stephen Clarke

If you're playing on the PC version, an alternative workaround (not really a fix) would be to use the developer console to manually spawn the part in your inventory so you can continue progressing further into the game. You'll need to have the dev console enabled beforehand. The command should be "give BrokenEvisceratorPart"

Unfortunately we'll just have to wait and see what kind of fixes the dev's can implement into the console ports of the game.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue and apologize for the wait in responding to you.

It seems to be an issue with the part rarely falling out of world when it spawns.

If you're on PC, could you try the following and see if it fixes the issue for you:

First, enable the command console:

1 - Press Windows + R

2 - Paste the following and press Enter: \Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\We Happy Few\Config\WindowsNoEditor

3 - Open Input.ini

4 - Add the following lines to the top of the Input.ini file and save it:
[/Script/GlimpseGame.GlimpseConsole]
bConsoleEnabled=True

Next, load your save game and try the following:

1 - Once in-game, press the Tilde key (~). The command console should appear.

2 - Type in this command and press Enter: give  BrokenEvisceratorPart

3 - Attempt to interact with the machine and see if the issue is fixed

4 - If that doesn't work, save and quit your game after giving yourself the part and see if that fixes it

Unfortunately if that doesn't work or you're on a console (PS4 & Xbox One), you will need to load a previous save or start a new game in order to progress. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.

There is a save created right before you're captured by the Butcher, when first accepting the quest. The issue does not occur 100% of the time and it is caused by physics if the CPU is overly busy at the time the part spawns in.

We're currently working on a patch (v1.4) to address performance, stability and other major issues; such as this one.

Cheers,

Lee

I also had this problem on PS4. So, I reloaded the game and it was still gone. I went to go see if maybe this time it was back in my inventory by seeing if I could sabotage the body, and the body was gone too.

This game is a generally good game, I enjoy playing it, and for the most part glitches are small and easy to ignore. However, this glitch prevents the game from continuing. I'd load a save from before this, however it would take me a lot further back in the game than I'd like.

If possible, please fix this, because unlike pc, console players can't type in commands to spawn items.

On 6/30/2019 at 4:30 PM, tarocise said:

I also had this problem on PS4. So, I reloaded the game and it was still gone. I went to go see if maybe this time it was back in my inventory by seeing if I could sabotage the body, and the body was gone too.

This game is a generally good game, I enjoy playing it, and for the most part glitches are small and easy to ignore. However, this glitch prevents the game from continuing. I'd load a save from before this, however it would take me a lot further back in the game than I'd like.

If possible, please fix this, because unlike pc, console players can't type in commands to spawn items.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

We're planning to address these issues in a future patch.

In the meantime, there is a save created right before you're captured by the Butcher, when first accepting the quest. It will be listed under your save games as "Last Shelter Visited".

This will allow you to start the the Slaughterer's Apprentice quest over without losing any other progress.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Lee