Guest KatDearest

Letter of transit bug?

Guest KatDearest

I'm playing on Xbox One, and I'm not sure if I'm stuck or if this is a bug. Its telling me to enter the broadcast tower, but when I go up to the constable he doesnt let me in even tho I've done the hostile takeover quest.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:11 PM, Guest KatDearest said:

I'm playing on Xbox One, and I'm not sure if I'm stuck or if this is a bug. Its telling me to enter the broadcast tower, but when I go up to the constable he doesnt let me in even tho I've done the hostile takeover quest.

Hi there,

Are you playing as Arthur?

If so, do you have a quest in your journal called 'Future Perfect'? You need to complete that quest and one more called 'A Malpractice of Doctors' before you can enter the Broadcast Tower.

There is a video here showing you when the Future Perfect quest triggers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4jMx41-VE

Cheers,
Lee

I am playing as Arthur. I dont have the future perfect quest. And I have been trying to get it to set off but it doesnt seem like it will. 

I've seen the cutscene with the lady and the doctor but it never popped up. I've been inside the museum of the future and have collected all the parts that were lying around. I cant fix any of the machines nor use the buttons to move the machines. 

Edited by Katdearest
Adding more info

On 10/20/2018 at 1:58 PM, Katdearest said:

I am playing as Arthur. I dont have the future perfect quest. And I have been trying to get it to set off but it doesnt seem like it will. 

I've seen the cutscene with the lady and the doctor but it never popped up. I've been inside the museum of the future and have collected all the parts that were lying around. I cant fix any of the machines nor use the buttons to move the machines. 

Thanks for the information.

Do you know what version of the game you were running when you originally triggered the conversation and do you know which version of the game you're running now?

Cheers,

Lee

3 hours ago, Lee said:

Thanks for the information.

Do you know what version of the game you were running when you originally triggered the conversation and do you know which version of the game you're running now?

Cheers,

Lee

I do not know what version it was when I got to that point but it was 2 updates ago and my version now is v1.4.71195

This sounds like a known issue where the Future Perfect quest may not trigger when exiting Hostile Takeover. 

We've fixed the issue in patch v1.4. 

If the NPCs who trigger the quest (the Doctor and the Wellette outside Hostile Takeover) are still alive in your game, you can try walking through the doors again to trigger the conversation.

If the conversation doesn't trigger, then I'm afraid the quest will not trigger on that save game and you will have to load an earlier save, before exiting Hostile Takeover, or start a new game. I'm sorry to have to tell you this. 

If you're still encountering issues, you can contact our support team at < https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new > and they'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

Cheers,

Lee

14 minutes ago, Lee said:

This sounds like a known issue where the Future Perfect quest may not trigger when exiting Hostile Takeover. 

We've fixed the issue in patch v1.4. 

If the NPCs who trigger the quest (the Doctor and the Wellette outside Hostile Takeover) are still alive in your game, you can try walking through the doors again to trigger the conversation.

If the conversation doesn't trigger, then I'm afraid the quest will not trigger on that save game and you will have to load an earlier save, before exiting Hostile Takeover, or start a new game. I'm sorry to have to tell you this. 

If you're still encountering issues, you can contact our support team at < https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new > and they'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

Cheers,

Lee

That's what I was afraid of :( but thank you. I've tried going thru the doors different times and tried going back and retracing steps and it hasnt worked.