Sign in to follow this  
Abbirose0219

Game won't load period?

I was headed to "I sing body electric" made it over the open bridge and my entire system started making a buzzing noise and cut out to the start screen. I reloaded the game, now it loads and loads then kicks me out. I started a new game hoping it would reload after I played a bit into the other one and it's still doing the same thing!! I've shut the system down and restarted it, not sure what to do! I don't want to lose all of my progress I've already made (day 20 ish) !

That sounds like your computer may be overheating or experiencing other hardware-related issues. We have some possible solutions to try though just in case it's something else.

First, please check that your video drivers are up to date. You can find up to date drivers here:

Nvidia:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx

AMD:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Our next suggestion is to verify your game files:

1 - Launch Steam.

2 - From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3 - Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

4 - Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

If that doesn't work, could you send us your save data and system specifications so we can further troubleshoot the issue? Steps on how to do this can be found below:

Save Data:

1 - From your Windows desktop, press the Windows key + R together. This will bring up the “Run” dialog. Type in \Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games and press Ok.

2 - This will bring up a File Explorer window showing the directory where the game stores its local data. You should see a folder called 'We Happy Few'.

3 - Right-click on the 'We Happy Few' folder, select Send to and then Compressed (zipped) folder.

4 - This will create a zip file called 'We Happy Few'. On your system it may be called 'We Happy Few.zip' depending upon your settings. If you can’t tell the two apart, look at the “Type” column and note the zipper on the icon of the compressed folder.

5 - Send the compressed zip to: support@compulsiongames.com

DxDiag (System Specifications):

1 - Press Windows + R

2 - Type dxdiag and press enter

3 - Save All Information…

4 - Attach dxdiag.txt to email

Please be sure to include your forum name and a link to this thread.

Cheers,

Lee