Sign in to follow this  
Vispellio

The Slaughterer's Apprentice Bug [Potential Spoilers]

I'm trying to do the "The Slaughterer's Apprentice" quest right now. Everything is fine up until I go into the cellar and take my stuff.

Reg spawns and starts yelling at me to come over to him, but that's it. If he sees me, the spankers knock me out. I was confused about what I'm supposed to do, so I took to Reddit, where someone told me that Reg is supposed to start looking around the cellar, but he won't do that in my game. He just stands in front of the exit, yelling at me about "my sense of duty".

What can I do to solve this?

I had a problem with doing the bodies. I do them all right and he's pleased. I do them all wrong and he's mad...every time I end up in the room to start meat packing again. I've tried going to the cellar door...I've tried smashing things with tools I've made....I've tried sabotaging the delivery thing...Nothing works...that I'm aware of... I'm stuck in the meat place with no exit to continue to be shocked and package soylent green.

Problem with same quest. I attempted 2 escapes, then saved the game and closed it. Upon loading the broken bit needed to sabotage the contraption is missing from the level and nowhere to be found.

I also have the problem of the missing piece to sabotage the contraption. I got to the cellar and got all of my stuff but was caught and when I came to, the piece was gone.

Hi there,

We'll be releasing a hotfix later this week to address issues with this quest.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Lee

Guest GlassyIsland419

I'm playing the full game version and this bug is still present. I enter the basement, collect my belongings then nothing. The butcher doesn't come down an either the ladder won't highlight or when it says X Open and I press X it still doesn't work. I've tried about five times now and just can't be bothered to try and complete it any more. If it helps I can try again in the future and record what happens