Sign in to follow this  
Abinational

Water flask disappears after use

I found three water canisters (can't remember what the game calls them right now), filled them up using the pump outside my shelter and once I drank from them they disappeared from my inventory. I checked the safe, floor around me after using them and I cannot find them. Even reloaded the game to see if they came back but to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?

...I think I might know what the issue is, since I just experienced this for the first time.

What difficulty are you on? I'll bet it's not Vigilante. Get on a Vigilante file, get a canteen from killing someone, then fill and drink it; use godmode from the dev menu if you need to. I'll bet you it gives you the container like it's supposed to.

If I'm right, it's probably an issue with the fact that now, inventory screens pause the game on non-vigilante modes. Something about that probably makes the bit of code that's supposed to hand you a canteen after using the item stop working.

Edit: Just swapped from Downer to Vigilante mode again. It works there, which explains why I'd never encountered it: I was only playing Vigilante to start because I was pretty good before the patch happened. (Still am, but now I'm testing other things)

Found it!

Do "SetGameDifficulty Hard" if you want your old save to be pushed up to Vigilante mode until the fix is out. (Supposedly there'll be a patch coming for the game within a week? Probably includes this.)

You can also do Normal or Easy, if you want to go to Downer or Birdwatcher, respectively, it seems

Hi there,

This is a known issue with consumable containers. Right now they're not granting the empty versions (canteens, bottles, syringes, etc.) This will be addressed in a hotfix patch this week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Lee