Sign in to follow this  
RazzberryPi

Windowed Fullscreen and capturing the mouse

I apologize if this has been stated already! I skimmed through topics but only read a few posts total. I don't think this is a bug so I didn't post it in the bug forum.

I played through the stable build last night, and was happy to find that there's a windowed fullscreen option! Thank you so much, devs! There's way too many games that don't have that option. I have a dual monitor setup and I like to have youtube or Netflix or something open in the other window. But there's a difference in how windowed fullscreen acts in 6 and 6.1.

In version 6, if I go to the options menu I'm able to move my mouse out of the game screen. In 6.1, I can't. I can just hit the Windows key and I'm able to move the mouse cursor out of the game, though. Was this intended, or an unintended consequence of redesigning the menus and options? (I'm really digging the new UI aesthetics, btw!)

That was a personal choice, even in fullscreen windowed I like to have the mouse restricted to the game viewport, especially for pointer-based games like strategy games and the like. Hitting a quick alt-tab to free the cursor is second nature to me.

Of course, not everyone prefers it that way... Pillars of Eternity has an option to capture the cursor, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have the same! I'll add it to the game & HUD options when I get the chance.

Thank you for the quick reply! Honestly hitting alt tab or even just the Windows key is not a big deal to me. :) It only becomes a big deal in games that don't have windowed fullscreen and crash when they're minimized (which is far too many AAA titles - looking at you, Skyrim). I do like that now there's no way to accidentally lose focus, though.

Thanks for your team's hard work! I'm more excited about this game than any of the ones unveiled at E3. :D