Sign in to follow this  
dash

laptop below the minimum specs has issues, please contain your surprise (6.1)

no but really, i went into this expecting severe lag and fps drops, and i wasn't disappointed! processor is an i5-3210M, but i've only got 4gb of ram going for me and a basic intel hd 4000 graphics card, which is where i assume the main errors lie. i was running the game in windowed mode, on low quality, with v-sync off (not that putting it on made much of a difference)

with all that said, some feedback:

i would call my experience with the build so far to be "roughly playable" - i was averaging about 15 fps while standing still and about 5 when moving. combat was entirely out of the question, with the few attempts i made immediately ending in my death or eventually ending in my death after an anxious, frenzied mash of mouse 1 clicking and running away. it was weird, i would be 100% facing someone, rear back to attack, and they would teleport or my weapon would go through them harmlessly. also the game would freeze up terribly on death, but eventually (20min maybe) it would go back to the main screen.

for a laugh, i put it on "ultra" settings. i got .03 fps at one point, it was great

I have an i5 650 (3.2 Ghz) also with 4 gb ram, but I have an NVidia GeForce GT 440 (v 311.06) which must make the difference as the only thing I experienced was a little stuttering at the start of Uncle Jack's audio when the game was actually still loading. This was with version 6 of the game without changing the settings in Options, so I am hopeful that 6.1 will actually be even better as they were trying to allow for lower specs in that update, I thought. So I think you are right about the graphics card being the thing.

That said, I have only played for a couple of hours, but have no excuse for getting killed repeatedly as my character's reactions are fine - just not mine! :)

yeah, i figured the graphics card might be it, yours is much better than mine is so that makes sense. and i actually ran the game on update 6 as well, it was just as bad :( i got the stuttering from the audio in the beginning as well, but i just chalked it up to the game lagging so heavily

ETA: oh! if anyone knows a way of disabling the hud for screenshots, let me know! the world is so pretty

i forgot to mention that the pawn shop scenario's lighting was waaaaaay messed up for me, pitch black and very disorienting. it happens right when you walk through the open gate