Sign in to follow this  
Galneryus

Lag and crashes

I started playing the pre-alpha today and have had it crash shortly after it started. All I did was pick up a plant. It seems to be running at very low fps for me, probably around 10-15fps. I looked on here and was told to lower the settings which didn't help it at all. So I went to lower the resolution and it crashed on me again. I screen printed both crash reports. Are we to upload them somewhere? Or something else?

I'm running it on a PC that has a 3GB XFX 7950, FX 6300 and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM.

Hey @Galneryus,

We pushed an update yesterday that should send us crashes when they occur (see my new FAQ: What do I do when I crash?).

For the framerate issues - if you could send us your logs (see my FAQ on performance) - we'll look at what's slow specifically on your machine setup and put it on our backlog to fix the issues.

Guillaume.

Sorry for the slow reply. I hadn't been on my PC for a while and I forgot to check this site.

I found that it runs a lot smoother for me now after the update. Should I still send a GlimpseGame file to the email specified on the FAQ? Or doesn't it matter if it runs okay now? I'd say it's only slightly jerky for me, but I'd expect this to be the case with it being pre-alpha now and it's not unplayable for what it is.

Also, I read somewhere that a message box appears if there's any crashes. These crashes happened before this came into effect, I think. So would those that occurred still have been received by the devs somehow? Or should I send these?

Thanks

Damien

Don't worry about the performance logs, we've been able to pinpoint some important bottlenecks occurring on AMD CPUs especially. You're seeing the result of this now, although there's still more work to be done on that front.

Same goes for the crash report, it's most likely the one that happened when clicking the actual text of the Resolution option (rather than the drop down menu). You're correct that they won't have been uploaded, but now that the reporter is working, we do see pretty quickly if something crashes as frequently as clicking the Resolution text did.

Thanks for following up though!