Sign in to follow this  
downer62134

Got my steam pre-alpha code, but looking forward to DRM-free/non-steam final version. Problem?

On the kickstarter page for the lower tiers it says you get the final game DRM-free OR on steam, so I assumed that was the case for the higher tiers that included all lower rewards as well. I pledged at the $70 contrast level.

I just received the email with my pre--alpha code, which is a steam code. I understand the developer benefits of running the alpha through steam, to manage updates and stuff and have multiple release branches and whatnot... so I'm not stressing. But when the game goes final-version, do I still get my DRM-free copy? Or is that option incompatible with being part of the pre-alpha, because I will have already received a steam key?

In case it helps, I haven't activated my steam key yet.

• Like 1

It said in a later e-mail that the Steam code was also our release code so I'm here over that concern too. I understand using Steam for pre-alpha but when I pledged for a final copy I pledged because I wanted non-Steam.

Adding my rock to this pile. I got Steam reloaded just for the pre-A. Hopeful that the DRM free version is an option at launch, as it's what I understood as well.