Sign in to follow this  
spiderman555

Pre-Alpha Experience and Overall Feedback

So, a few weeks ago I funded the Pre-Alpha tier and now that I finally got it, I decided to leave some feedback.

First off, the game runs OK for me on High Graphics on Update 6.0 (specs listed below), I get around 20-30 FPS with occasional drops. Considering my specs + the fact that I can run modern games on high graphics with 50-60 FPS, this is fairly odd. It lagged for a minute or so after the world generated but the FPS gradually increased after a bit. There is a problem where sometimes while it was generating the world and the screen was still black/loading, the earlier parts of Uncle Jack's "Good Morning to you" would be cut off. This happened twice but its probably a minor bug. The FPS also tends to drop in the houses in the Wastrel area.

Secondly, loading times are slightly long. It takes around 20 seconds to load after I create a new game. For the system I have (specs listed below), that's fairly long.

I also noticed an odd bug where at Day 2/3 when Uncle Jack's shows started I heard the audio fine but his face was frozen on the TV (he was telling jokes). I don't know if this is intended or just a bug but it happened on every TV screen and I was in the Wellie City.

Lastly, there were some minor bugs where ragdolls glitched out and other than that the game is fine. I haven't experienced any crashing yet after an hour and half of playing so that's great :)

I hope the game gets more optimized as the devs progress! (I know this is a Pre-Alpha that's why I'm not complaining)

Specs (I use a gaming laptop):

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Alienware

System Model: M17xR4

BIOS: A11

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16264MB RAM

Page File: 10167MB used, 16336MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

Graphics Card name: Intel® HD Graphics 4000/NVIDIA GTX 680M

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation/NVIDIA

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_05511028&REV_09

Display Memory: 1792 MB

Dedicated Memory: 32 MB

Shared Memory: 1760 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

I noticed the decreased performance in the first few minutes as well. I looked with MSI Afterburner and found that during that time, processor usage was extremely high (90-100%) on a fairly good processor (i5 3570k). My best guess is that the game continues to generate parts of the world after gameplay starts, since the processor usage drops to around 70% and I start getting 60FPS within about 3-4 minutes.