Guest anna

Bugs/ game crash

Guest anna

i finally  got into the Parade side and as I try to walk down the road my game will freeze and make a humming sound. Soon after my game will crash and go to my home screen. I'm playing on my Xbox One Counsel. Is there any chance this will be fixed and if so will I have to start from the beginning for the 3rd time? 

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

This is very likely due to memory running out on the console. Because the game is quite large, and world generation can drastically change memory usage, some users are encountering crashes from low memory on the regular base Xbox One and PS4 consoles.

In Patch 1.3 we added a failsafe to prevent the game from saving while free memory is too low and addressed some of the more common crashes in the game, however it does not solve the problem fully. With Patch 1.4, we are addressed major gameplay issues as well as various other crashes that can occur. This improved build stability and includes a large number of bug fixes.

With Patch 1.5, we will be focusing on optimizing memory for the base consoles to try and fix these crashes fully. This is the patch that will very likely address the issues you've been experiencing. We're planning to release this patch in the next 2 weeks, however we don't have an exact date just yet.

You can also file a ticket with our support team at < https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new> and they'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

Cheers,

Lee