Sign in to follow this  
Guest TripSin

Did absolutely no one on the development team ever play Bioshock in their lifetime?

Guest TripSin

Now Bioshock was a great game. I think this game could've been similarly great as well if it just had better developers. Bioshock is 11 YEARS OLD and yet it still exceeds We Happy Few in almost every aspect. Aren't we supposed to evolve and get better as a species over time? What is this travesty?

This is going to be an unpopular reply, but personally I thought Bioshock was actually quite flawed in execution. Sure it had a great story and premise (as does WHF), but to me there seemed to be a significant hole in the gameplay. With Vita Chambers turned off the Big Daddy's were massively overpowered for the average gamer, whereas turning them on rendered the game pointless as there was no death penalty at all (similar to the original Prey game). This extreme overpowering happened very early on in the proceedings and went way beyond the usual principle of bosses as an extreme test of all skills that have been learnt in the game so far.

I enjoyed Bioshock and Bioshock II  (never played Infinite), but personally I'm getting much more of a thrill playing WHF than I ever got with those. Unpopular opinion maybe, but that's how I feel.

On 9/27/2018 at 12:41 AM, Guest TripSin said:

I don't think the flaw is in the developers. Honestly the flaws are in the world generation as it prevents the team from guiding the players through a specific story, like Bioshock did. Both reward the players for going off the beaten path, it just takes longer to get the rewards in WHF. That being said, it's a different experience meant to go at a different pace. It's meant to make you feel lonely, overwhelmed, lost, and abandoned. You're trying to escape but it's quieter, with less urgency. The world isn't going to collapse around you like Rapture, but you know if you stay you'll lose yourself. 

I haven't yet finished Ollie's chapter, so I'm curious to know if there's any answer as to who is to blame for the state of the islands. If there really isn't, then I'd be more inclined to agree with you that the game fell short.