Sign in to follow this  
Dokidokichuchu

Where the F***y is that Ducky!!!!???

Okay so I had the campfire encounter, talked to the crazies, all well and good. Watched the guy throw a rubber duck. Looked exactly where he threw it, kept my eye on that duck, looked like it glitched threw a wall but no problem, it would probably be on the other side right? No. It's gone. WHERE. IS. THE. DUCK!? I've looked EVERYWHERE and I can't find it. I'm getting really salty, please help.

Hi there,

There is currently an issue with the duck clipping through world objects when thrown. But there are a few things you can try:

1 - Goto your journal and make the 'Campfire' encounter active. A quest marker should appear on your map showing the location of the duck

2 - Usually after saving and reloading your game, the duck can be found sitting inside the stew pot again.

Let us know if either of those solutions work for you.

Cheers,

Lee

PC:

Select the encounter and press 'Space' to track it.

Xbox One:

Select the encounter and press 'A' to track it.

I found a rubber duck in the game when I broke into a house. I think it was in a bath. I didn't have the inventory space so I left it.

I ran into this issue too. I made the encounter active and it put a icon on the map 2 inches above the edge of the map.

Tried saving and reloading and it put a new icon down where the pot is but there is no duck in the pot. Tried looking upstairs in case it was up there and it wasn't.

I ran into this issue too. I made the encounter active and it put a icon on the map 2 inches above the edge of the map.

Tried saving and reloading and it put a new icon down where the pot is but there is no duck in the pot. Tried looking upstairs in case it was up there and it wasn't.

Interesting. We'll test it out on our side and see what's going on.

It looks like the duck disappears completely after performing a save/load on another island once it's been thrown. The map marker will appear back at the stew pot, but alas no duck.

We've logged the issue and hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

Had the same problem on Xbox, I watched him throw the duck and after looking I couldn't find it so I saved but when I came back the duck was in the pot so I grabbed it and completed the quest hope everyone else has the same luck I did.