Guest OrangeKiwiLMB

Data corrupted - loading act 2

Guest OrangeKiwiLMB

I'm playing on PS4 and every now and again the game crashes and I have to restart it. This time it crashed while loading Act 2, after the final cut scene in Act 1. This CORRUPTED THE DATA ON MY SAVE. I CAN NO LONGER CONTINUE THE STORY AND WILL HAVE TO START AGAIN! It's so frustrating because I loved this game!!received_497746997368102.jpeg

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

If you've synced your saves to Playstation Online Storage, you should be able to recover them from there.

If you haven't used Online Storage, unfortunately you will need to start a new game in order to progress. I'm sorry to have to tell you this.

This issue is due to the PS4 automatically flagging “crashing while saving” as data corruption, regardless of actual corruption. As a result, we are unable to restore “corrupted” saves. We apologize to all players who lost progression as a result.

We have added a safe-guard in v1.3 to prevent the PS4 from saving the game while it is low on memory and stop the system from classifying these saves as corrupt. This issue can still occur with other crashes, but the number of corrupted saves should be substantially reduced.

You can find the patch notes for v1.3 here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/320240/announcements/detail/1696055855737810531

We're planning to release patch v1.4 next Tuesday, however we don't have an exact date just yet. This will address major gameplay issues and various crashes, however it won't address the corrupt save issue completely.

We're currently working on patch v1.5 to address memory and stability; in order to fully prevent cases of save data being flagged as corrupt.

Cheers,

Lee

Hi everyone, I'm plying in PS4 versión Game v.1.3.70168.

It's the third time I started the Game. The first one because did not have the update, and meny of the secondary misssions did not appear.

The second one with the update could get to Parade, continue and complete the missions, but sometimes slowed down to fail, and had to load the last sabe, especially in the last hatch .

What was my surprise when I finished the first act with Arthur and playstation tells me that "ALL THE DATA IS CORRUPT" , and I've the same screen of the first comment appears . I could cot do anything more that, start everything again.

Now I'm in Maidenholm and St. Georges Holm, and It happens that sometimes (too many) simply walking from one streed ti another, it fails and I have to load the last hatch saved and it's never close to where the fauld ocurred . I've send captures and report ploblems with playstation, I don't thing It solves the problem .

I'm going yo get to Parade again, and I'm afraid It will happen to me again, not being able to continue with Sally.

How many times you guys think we have to repead whit Arthur? .

The truth is I'm very, very disappointed, I love the game, everything on It . But....Not the BUGS!!!.

Sorry guys, I'm 64 years old, I've been playing games 15 years, and I've never lost patience as much as with this one . I'm angry, and I've to use translator, I read English well, I do not write It well . But..... I love the Game, so please fix the ploblems.

Greetings from Spain ?

Edited by Carmen

Hi Carmen,

I was very sceptical about starting again as I didn't want to lose any more time. My game always crashed for random reasons, including in my last play through.

I've never had an update for the game and i believe mine is still at version 1.01, with no updates available!

However, after saving in multiple slots and ensuring that my data was back up to the cloud for an extra copy, I have managed to get through act 1 and it didn't crash while loading! I'm now playing as Sally and thoroughly enjoying the game again. There seem to be less crashes as Sally too!

I hope this gives you the hope you needed to carry on playing!

14 minutes ago, OrangeKiwiLMB said:

Hi Carmen,

I was very sceptical about starting again as I didn't want to lose any more time. My game always crashed for random reasons, including in my last play through.

I've never had an update for the game and i believe mine is still at version 1.01, with no updates available!

However, after saving in multiple slots and ensuring that my data was back up to the cloud for an extra copy, I have managed to get through act 1 and it didn't crash while loading! I'm now playing as Sally and thoroughly enjoying the game again. There seem to be less crashes as Sally too!

I hope this gives you the hope you needed to carry on playing!

Thank you very much, I Will try to do what you say and I hope It works for me too.

I don't want to waste more hours for nothing, that makes it less fun and more exasperating.

Thank for your help again. Cheers !! ?