Guest Nashleigh870

Crash during Fast Travel and other random times

Guest Nashleigh870

This is my second week of FINALLY owning this game on PS4. It was a birthday present. I haven't been able to play for more than ten minutes at a time without the game crashing, and the blue screen of death appearing. I can no longer fast travel between hatches because that's a guarantee crash. So I have to walk to all locations... which was working for a few days. Now it crashes at random times; during main missions, side quests, and just walking down the street. This is INCREDIBLY frustrating as this game was $60, and I have been looking forward to playing for at least a year. This seems to be a wide spread issue. I'm to the point where I want to return the game. What is Compulsion Games doing to fix this????!?

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues and we appreciate your patience while we work on the next patch.

In regards to the crashes you're experiencing when fast travelling, this is very likely due to memory running out on the console.

Because the game is quite large, and world generation can drastically change memory usage, some users are encountering crashes from low memory on the regular base Xbox One and PS4 consoles.

In Patch 1.3 we added a failsafe to prevent the game from saving while free memory is too low and addressed some of the more common crashes in the game, however it does not solve the problem fully.

With Patch 1.4 (upcoming), we are addressing major gameplay issues as well as various other crashes that can occur. This should improve build stability and includes a large number of bug fixes. We're aiming to release this patch later this week, however we don't have an exact date just yet.

With Patch 1.5, we will be focusing on optimizing memory for the base consoles to try and fix these crashes fully. This is the patch that will very likely address the issues you've been experiencing.

Cheers,

Lee

Guest Nashleigh870

My system has more than half of it's space left. I just made it to the parade, and escaped from the Doctors.... now I cannot load the game AT ALL without it crashing. It loads completely after I select Continue Game, and then the blue screen appears before I can even move. I also tried selecting different save files... that didn't work either. Ridiculous.  

2 hours ago, Guest Nashleigh870 said:

My system has more than half of it's space left. I just made it to the parade, and escaped from the Doctors.... now I cannot load the game AT ALL without it crashing. It loads completely after I select Continue Game, and then the blue screen appears before I can even move. I also tried selecting different save files... that didn't work either. Ridiculous.  

Storage space on your console's Hard Drive is different from console memory (RAM).

The crashes are most often caused by dedicated memory getting too low. This will occur regardless of how much storage space is free on your Hard Drive. 

We are currently working on addressing low memory issues in the next patch, v1.5.

Cheers,

Lee