Sign in to follow this  
iateapenguin

Blame Storm, Combat Mode and Bobbies

Hello! I'd just like to start my post by saying that I've been in love with the concept of WHF from the beginning, and that it is one of my favourite games to date even in the pre-alpha stage! I really can't wait to see where it goes. Seriously, props to you guys, this game is amazing, and sorry for the lengthy post to follow.

Now, onto the feedback: just wanted to list a few things I've found to be a bit odd during gameplay. I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section, not entirely sure whether to put it in feedback or bugs as it feels like it's a bit of both!

Firstly, and this is something that's happened very recently (in my current session), I've noticed that Wellies will very easily turn on other Wellies. This has happened since I picked up the book about pointing fingers (4% chance of Wellies turning against someone if you talk to them?). The first time it seemed normal - a notification popped up saying 'Blame Storm', and everyone started attacking one person. Then, out of the blue, they turned and attacked me. Since then this has happened frequently, but without me doing anything - sometimes I'll be walking down the street and a mob will start attacking one Wellie, and then, if I stop to watch, instantly turn and attack me. It happens frequently; far more than 4% of the time and even when I don't talk to someone. It just seems a little odd!

Secondly, a problem I've had a few times (but not frequently) is that I will often find myself unable to escape combat mode. Even if I return to the bunker, have a sleep, and wake up hours later, I still can't craft because I'm 'in combat mode' and need to quit and restart the game. It's happened less recently but still pops up sometimes, is anyone else has had this problem?

Also finally, I attacked a Bobbie in a shop (the gas mask ones in red uniforms) out of curiosity, and found that he has pretty much no power to attack me. He blows his whistle, but nobody comes (at least in the times I tried it) and if I leave the shop, he reverts back to normal instantly, even if I re-enter the shop. Not sure if you guys are aware of this, but it is a little strange.

Again, I really really love WHF and can't express enough how excited I am for the release of the new updates and v 1.0!

Maybe a theft mechanic for the shops (with the more valuable items offering limited to 0 success rate / t his could purely be a percentage based system) with a few interactions for the red bobbies to participate in ( maybe just that "thief" dialogue line attacking and chasing. could offer them some easy interactivity, also the possibility of them being a little tougher and able to call in reinforcements so you would be forced to run. (if you wanted more discouragement for using this maybe a temporary lockout for that shop if caught).

Actually on second thoughts I think this would be difficult to implement plausibly with the goods being locked behind the section the shopkeeper is standing in. He could lean through the gap as he turns to hand him objects I suppose.