Sign in to follow this  
xerxziez

Wake up animations?

I like to play stealthily in the game, like taking down NPCs and trying to cause as little commotion as possible, and one thing I've noticed is that after taking an NPC down, they can wake up suddenly and abruptly minutes later, which is fine, it's just i can check on their body one second, turn around and by the time i turn back, they're standing up and threatening me.

Occasionally i even witness them suddenly pop to their feet and go about their day like nothing happened.

So i was thinking if they had a gradual waking animation, it could benefit stealthier players by indicating that a Welly is waking up, so the player can have time to plan strategy for it, it would also add further detail to the game as right now, since there's no animation for it, it can look a bit glitchy when they pop back into consciousness, so an animation for it would make it look more natural and cleaner.

It's a small detail i know, but it has potential to really add to the stealthier side to the game that a lot of players would want to explore.

Or you could smack them with with a cricket bat while they're unconscious so they stay down :D

Actually that sort of brings up something I've been wondering. If you kill an NPC, is it replaced by another one/ come back to life at some point? Or could I create a ghost town if I went on a massive killing spree?

In houses I believe once you clear one out you can transform in into a base of operations, but eventually I think a newly spawned occupant will eventually resettle. You can't create a ghost town since there will always be more that spawn out of sight.

You can clear sections, though. Knock enough people out and the game refuses to spawn anymore or guide more to that area until you leave it, from my experience.