Sign in to follow this  
Naila

Update #6.1: New Menu, Saved Games, and Performance Updates

I'm having the same problem as Seafort. Have a Radeon 6570 1GB, and my FPS seems to be around 15-20 on low, 1280x720.

@Chronis unfortunately your video card is below our minimum spec, so we can't promise great framerate. However, if you take a look at our support forum, and specifically our performance thread (http://compulsiongames.com/forum/discussion/593/faq-i-m-having-performance-issues-what-should-i-do#latest), that does have a few options that you can try to improve the framerate.

Hello! I've been playing with the new update since I've been sick and stuck in bed. This is what I've noticed while playing:

-Save and Quit Game Feature: I got tired playing one night and got pretty far in the city and found the homeless shelter and had a good forage of food and items. I figured it'd be around when I booted up the game the following day. That wasn't the case. Instead of having any option to load the save much less an option TO load a game, I was stuck starting anew.

-The left and right bumper buttons are swapped around?? A quick glance often confuses me and I tend to hit the wrong bumper button. The symbol for right bumper button is labeled as left while the left bumper button is labeled as the right.

-Tend to get randomly stuck in walls/ceilings/etc. while jumping which causes laughter but is often troubling as I am unable to "jump out/away" and get permanently stuck there forcing me to sadly restart. :C

Other than that, I am enjoying the game. C:

Loving for sure Uncle Jack TV/Radio time and tend to waste some time listening/watching him! I am also enjoying sneaking around, scouring for food and water! Each death is certainly thrilling and amusing to no end!

I am certainly hooked to say the least. C:

I would disagree with @Darthchewee and @Sam . There are lots of reasons to have a save function that just updates your save file that don't include character death.

1. Power outage, if my power goes out I'd like to know that I had updated my save recently so I don't have to lose several hours of game play.

2. I have cats, and they have, on occasion, ran behind my computer and pulled the plug to the machine... I am constantly worried that they will do it again while I play, and my save file wont be updated because there is no convenient way to do it unless you back out of the game.

3. Computer freezes. Everybody has this happen to them, it's not an uncommon occurrence for machines to freeze.

4. I just like the convenience of a save.

Anyone who understand what a rogue-like game is will understand that even though you can update your save, it doesn't mean you will keep it if you die. Don't remove convenience just because some people don't get that.

I suppose some might use the save to intentionally cut power to return to a save point, making it a loophole around the no-saving aspect.

Ex: Bridge of Wellies - it's risky but you want to try... Save, pull too many, forsee your death, slam, restart computer and game from save, make different choices.

@zenaxa that seems like a lot of work. You could more easily just make a copy of the save file and copy it back into the file if you die. Less restarting that way.

People will always find ways to cheat/hack/change the game play, but that doesn't mean the people who want to play it normally should be punished or inconvenienced because of it.

@Ghretto I think they might have expected that so they didn't make a save file. From looking around the files, you would have to copy everything and the replace them to restore your save. and as I stated, so long as you don't die, it seems you will keep your save when you come back into the game.

I don't know what you mean by 'they didn't make a save file', but if the game saves that means there is a file. It's not in steam data, it's under its own hidden folder in app data, I've copied it already and tested my theory. It holds true.

My problem isn't with the deletion of the saved game on death, my problem is with the devs removing the save function to just update the file. Instead I am now forced to back out of the game every time I want to update my saved game. It's incredibly inconvenient.

i think it would be better to have a sort of continuous save going, similar to dark souls or bloodborne