Sign in to follow this  
zoey4141

Civilians

I personally think civilians shouldn't attack me unless I'm in their house of something because I constantly get mobbed by civilians trying to do the polices job, it gets really tedious having to keep running

It depends on a few things whether people will chase you, and in fact fitting in is an important part of the game.

What are you wearing? You will stick out if you wear something that doesn't conform.

In Hamlyn (the town) the people are on joy and if you are not on joy or being cheery and happy they will notice. You need to speak to them as you move around the town if you are off your joy.

I think it would be difficult to change this core element of the game, but if you have a specific problem it may be a bug. Has this just started to become a problem?

I had on the suit that is good for both and was on water joy, but I think it was a bug because there was a massive fight in the streets and everyone kept hitting each other and then if I walked past they chased me, it was funny though when I wasn't a target

Yes the fighting civilians in the Gardens. It's easier to pick where to fight, either house or street, as they aren't as bunched up as they are in Wellington proper. I've fought with 2 on 1 and as many as 5 on 1. I seem to be hitting better now and more often. I'm able to take someone down with my fists, which I wasn't doing very well with a couple weeks ago. Using a weapon, I do seem to kill them quicker, but 5 is definitely an overrun and I've learned I can rarely win with that many unless I outrun them or string them out so I can fight them on a more individual basis. When they bunch up, it spells disaster. I also find now that I have more combos than I did before. That's pretty smashing (literally).

The Wellington civilians do seem easily pissed off. God forbid you don't wish them a good day, but I assumed that's as it should be, so when I'm walking around Wellington, I say something to everyone more often than not (they do notice when I don't). However, I do notice as stated above, you piss off one of them, you end up with at least 3 if not more of them. If the detectors go off, the general area mass attacks which makes it damn hard to get away. And running away is the sure way to get a crowd. Either event usually picks up a bobbie or two as well. In Wellington, the bobbies have become the least of my worries.

There have been reports of wastrels and wellies getting angry without reason so its possible that you ran into one of those. Hopefully these will be fixed in the next update.